Posts: 48
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2014
I apologize if everyone else already knew about this, but it was news to me when a newsletter about it showed up in my civ mail inbox this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_nuR8l4...e=youtu.be
http://core15rifles.com/tac-6.5-rifle.html
Posts: 48
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2014
still no idea what chamber they are using ect...
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
10-29-2015, 11:52 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2015, 11:55 PM by VASCAR2.)
If I were guessing I'd say SAAMI 6.5 Grendel chamber, looks like they are selling Nitride 18" & 20" button rifled barrels and a SS barrel. With the slowing sales to AR-15's manufactures are broadening their product lines to include the 6.5 Grendel. If Larue or Noveske offered a 6.5 Grendel we might see other ammo companies jump into the Grendel market.
Posts: 122
Threads: 5
Joined: Feb 2015
VASCAR2 Wrote:If I were guessing I'd say SAAMI 6.5 Grendel chamber, looks like they are selling Nitride 18" & 20" button rifled barrels and a SS barrel. With the slowing sales to AR-15's manufactures are broadening their product lines to include the 6.5 Grendel. If Larue or Noveske offered a 6.5 Grendel we might see other ammo companies jump into the Grendel market.
I can see LaRue doing it before Noveske, they've already been playing around with some .260 barrels and their fanbase seems to be invested in precision shooting. Not really sure what's been going on with Noveske lately.
Posts: 48
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2014
10-30-2015, 12:37 AM
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2015, 12:47 AM by usar_ds.)
dont quote me but I'm pretty sure Mark Larue posted something on another forum to the effect of them working on a grendel offering as their next project
still... i think its pretty cool that there is another manufacturer on board for the 6.5g
and I haven't got any experience with CORE but I have heard good things about their rifles.
Posts: 214
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2015
1-7 Twist is a bit fast for a 18 and 20" barrels.
Posts: 399
Threads: 39
Joined: Jul 2011
I think they copied and pasted the 5.56 rifle info to the Grendel info table.
Posts: 48
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2014
stuff their rep posted on another forum says they are using 1-8 twist barrels
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Joined: Oct 2015
Looks like they corrected it to 1:8 on their website.
Posts: 214
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2015
I really like their 6.5 Grendel graphic!!