Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
An open letter to all future suitors of my daughters:
#1
[Image: 13548897695_0f98702095.jpg]

I only intend to improve...

Sincerely,
PigOps
Reply
#2
That ought to be good enough to hit some franks and beans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.
Reply
#3
Have you seen the Justified episode were he knocks a guy onto the ground, unchambers a round, drops it on the guys chest and tells him the next round will be traveling a lot faster the next time I see you.

When I have a daughter (as the karma from my youth demands I will eventaully), whenever a guy comes to the house, as they're leaving I'll be tossing him a Grendel round and telling him that they travel a lot faster after 10 p.m. That's after I show him my collection of weapons.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#4
I've seen this technique fail miserably. The girl was pregnant within months. I suggest another strategy that is a little more.....

....visceral, a little more brutal. It involves physical contact of your clenched fist around his family jewels until the daughter's phone number disappears from his phone.

If he seems like a possible son-in-law, take him shooting or hunting and see how he does, and take the time to explain that you are willing to do anything for your daughter....anything. Explain that you're looking for a good man who can and is willing to do the same when you are no longer around. He'll get the point.
Reply
#5
Yeah. I've seen that episode. That was pretty sweet but it's be tough to pull off.
Reply
#6
LRRPF52 Wrote:I've seen this technique fail miserably. The girl was pregnant within months. I suggest another strategy that is a little more.....

....visceral, a little more brutal. It involves physical contact of your clenched fist around his family jewels until the daughter's phone number disappears from his phone.

If he seems like a possible son-in-law, take him shooting or hunting and see how he does, and take the time to explain that you are willing to do anything for your daughter....anything. Explain that you're looking for a good man who can and is willing to do the same when you are no longer around. He'll get the point.

It was really just to get your attention. My oldest is 7. I have a few years yet. More than anything I am proud of the group. I'm a hunter, not a target shooter. My trigger is a PSA LPK trigger that hardly ever breaks the same twice. I want really badly to drop a hiperfire in. The majority of my groups are a hair over 1" but I get one of these ever so often. It's good to know the gun shoots better than I do.
Reply
#7
PigOps- What are you doing over here in the NERD section? Get back to the huntin' section and tell us some more action stories; you know BANG, SQUEAL, THUMP with a briar in the nads... I have two teen age daughters, so now I'm paying for my past sins. When I was seventeen, picking up my date, her father showed me his .357 and told me he had guns within reach at all times... I told him I quit carrying a gun, once I learned to kill a man with my BARE HANDS!
Just kidding on the nerd thing. I hope I learn half as much as most of the HORDE has forgotten.
"When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".
Reply
#8
I just realized that the pic is sideways... How of I fix that?
Reply
#9
Rotate it and save it rotated. Do you have photobucket?
Reply
#10
I was thinking of something more along the lines of......... Whatever you do to my daughter, know that I will do the same to you.

LT.
Reply
#11
LRRPF52 Wrote:Rotate it and save it rotated. Do you have photobucket?

I usually use flickr but decided to attach this one. It's oriented correctly on my phone. I guess I'll just use Flickr.
Reply
#12
Are you guys in for a rude awakening.
Reply
#13
davidj Wrote:Are you guys in for a rude awakening.

LOL, You got that right Smile
Reply
#14
Didn't the comedian Bill Engval say something like: Son, I want you to know that my daughter is the most precious thing in my life. If you do anything to her... I don't mind going back to prison.

When I was a teenager, I would periodically sharpen our kitchen knives. One time, quite by accident, I happened to be sharpening those knives when my sister's boyfriend dropped by. I still remember that guy's face. When my sister came down to leave with him, he was afraid to even hold her hand.

My daughter is a father's nightmare. The is pretty and popular aaaand - nearing dating age.
I wonder where that sharpening stone is. I'd better start looking for it...
Reply
#15
For optimum effect, a sharpening stroke of 2.5 seconds per side is recommended, beginning slowly, at first, and ending with "shick"! Six inch blade, minimum (preferably a carcass flint). Do this, while gazing intently at the would-be suitor, as if deciding where to start. Do not speak to them. Allow their own mind to fill in the blanks. Their own thoughts will be far more imaginative than anything you could say.
Reply
#16
OR....although this is much less fun than imagining what you will do.....Teach them properly and let them make good decisions!

Worked twice for me!!! Those two have now presented me with 5 beautiful grandchildren, 4 boys and a girl. My two sons have so far spotted me two more granddaughters, and the younger sons wife is in the process of labor for grandson #5.

Teach them well, monitor them and continually encourage them to make good decisions.

Teach them to obey the 3 rules:

Be at the right place
Be there at the right time
Be there with the right people

And remember that nothing good ever happens after midnight and that the your guardian angel goes to sleep at 0001 hours!

And....Oh Yeah....Make sure that they are scared to death of disappointing you! LOL!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#17
Thanks for all the fathering advice guys... I mean, really.... I'm sure I'll lean heavily on the advice given by people whom I don't even know by name. Wink

If I were to do this again, for obvious reasons, I would name the thread: "Not a bad 5-shot group for a hunter with a $25 trigger"

Then I would ask about the horizontal movement of the group. My heart beats pretty hard and I assume it's from not breaking the shot at the same time during its beat cycle. Would a trigger that I know will break when I want it to help with this?

In case anyone is interested:

123 SST
28.3 gr 8208
Hornady Brass
CCI 450
2.275" OAL
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)