Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help with Adjustable Gas Block
#21
If I understand you correctly you are fine with the block up against the shoulder of the barrel.

I guess Parallax don't think their block will ever be used with a traditional milspec handguard (it would still work but be right on the edge of lining up).
Reply
#22
the center of the gas block's hole is .300 from the edge of the gas block. so it should line up perfectly... do you think this barrel, being one of the Liberty ones, the short throat is causing the excessive pressure?
Reply
#23
waveslayer Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4602[/ATTACH]

I just took it off and it measured .095" the gas blocks opening measures .150"

What are your thoughts and mounting it I lined up the set screw with the divot.

.095" is way too large for an 18" MLGS with 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel, and requires use of an adjustable gas block to keep the bolt locked as long as possible. I have a Satern like that, and the gas block is basically turned almost all the way in to limit gas flow, and it still runs like a raped ape.

18" MLGS 6.5 Grendel should be .076", since we have a lot of dwell time with that set-up. I know that .094" works great with RLGS/20"-24" barrels in both Grendel and .223, but it is too much for the 18" MLGS. Good thing you have the adj block.
Reply
#24
LRRPF52 Wrote:.095" is way too large for an 18" MLGS with 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel, and requires use of an adjustable gas block to keep the bolt locked as long as possible. I have a Satern like that, and the gas block is basically turned almost all the way in to limit gas flow, and it still runs like a raped ape.

18" MLGS 6.5 Grendel should be .076", since we have a lot of dwell time with that set-up. I know that .094" works great with RLGS/20"-24" barrels in both Grendel and .223, but it is too much for the 18" MLGS. Good thing you have the adj block.

I agree! Plus to add to the fun... this is a barrel from the Liberty Group Buy... I have been reading that I should send it in and have it reamed by Precision Firearms... Could the short throat add to my issues?
Reply
#25
Mark has my barrel or I would measure the gas hole. I hope it is not .095. What more could go wrong the liberty barrels.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)