Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Paint after hunting season
#1
I was very impressed with my Grendel this hunting season. I finished the season with 6 hogs, 2 deer and a turkey. I used a green upper on my Grendel project that didn't match Magpul OD. I planned on painting it at some point. I've painted Multicam before, but decided to try Brownel's Alluminhyde II. I used Cototye Tan, it matches Magpul FDE fairly well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4535[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4536[/ATTACH]
Reply
#2
Looks great, the flat dark earth is only a shade darker than coyote tan in my experience. Earth colors are my favorite, I like what you did with your suppressor. Smile
Reply
#3
The Alumahyde II stuff is not that durable in my experience though. I hope your results vary widely from mine.
Reply
#4
Nice looking paint. Keep us informed on the durability of the alumahyde

Richard
Reply
#5
Looks good.

AH II has worked reasonably well for me. The keys seem to be good surface prep, and then baking the finish for a few hours at ~200-degrees.
Drifter
Reply
#6
How's the eye relief on that scope? The cantilever mount looks so far back you could probably use normal rings and still be on the upper.

Nice rig.
Reply
#7
Drifter Wrote:Looks good.

AH II has worked reasonably well for me. The keys seem to be good surface prep, and then baking the finish for a few hours at ~200-degrees.

I used TCE cleaner as recommended in the Brownell videos, ahairdryer between coats, a week in front of the fireplace and plan plenty of cure time. It has cured 2 weeks now and I will probably wait quite a bit longer before sighting it in again. I just put the scope back on at finger tight. From what I have read, prep and cure time are critical with Alumihyde. I'll report back on durability when I get it in the field.
Reply
#8
still have hunting season (predator) until March here in Tennessee but am looking forward to a DIY paint job afterwards. glad to hear that you'll let us know the field results.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)