Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Just installed my latest accessory
#1
Hope this will improve my Grendel. Going to the range tomorrow and will let you guys know how it goes.

There is only one more thing I might add. Does anyone use a mono-pod on the back of their PRS stock? How do you like it?
Reply
#2
Make some sand socks, will be a lot cheaper. I got the same trigger and love it the 2nd stage is 2nd to none in the ar world.
Reply
#3
WildBill3/75 Wrote:Make some sand socks, will be a lot cheaper. I got the same trigger and love it the 2nd stage is 2nd to none in the ar world.

That's funny. I am actually using a big sock filled with air soft BB'S!!
Reply
#4
Those work great, try making another with rice....it will have a finer feel to it.
Reply
#5
WildBill3/75 Wrote:Make some sand socks, will be a lot cheaper.

I went "tactical" using an old OD Green wool Army sock. Wink
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#6
Try using the filling in those airline horseshoe shaped pillows. The fine white stuff that blows around in the wind and sticks on you. It's lighter than everything else. You can attach the bag to the outside of your kit and not worry about the momentum of it bouncing around.

Rice is organic so be careful not to get it wet and check for insects.
Reply
#7
I run the national match first stage with the DMR second stage for a 2# first stage with a 1+# second stage the national match second stage was a little lite for my taste

Also for the back bag anything will do but sand feels the best but it can be messy as long as you can keep it dry rice works great

The airsoft bbs are kinda big/light but as long as they are getting the job done
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#8
You're going to love that trigger once you get it set where you like it. I've been using the shortest Accushot monopod on my fixed MOE stock and like it a lot. In all truth it doesn't do anything a sand bag won’t. Shooting with the rifle butt fully supported on the monopod can cause the back of the gun to "track" during recoil and throw shots out of the group... the monopod follows the path of least resistance. Maybe not a problem on a bench but it will cause issues on uneven ground. I use it by wrapping my left hand around the monopod and squeeze it or relax my grip to make minute elevation adjustments.
Reply
#9
Find a shot shell reloader, get him to give you a few canvas bags his shot came in, go to the beach, fill'em. re-sew,........................best ever!

Redraider
Reply
#10
I would remark that the trigger mechanism is a critical fire-control center for your rifle, rather than an accessory, and you have good taste with your particular selection with this upgrade.
Reply
#11
LRRPF52 Wrote:I would remark that the trigger mechanism is a critical fire-control center for your rifle, rather than an accessory, and you have good taste with your particular selection with this upgrade.

Sorry but I can't leave this one go. Sometimes I think I am back at school when I am on this web site. Once again we are talking about WORDS and DEFINITIONS.
I quote a definition :

" A thing that can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile"

As there was already a trigger in my rifle and I installed a more expensive, better trigger it became more useful and versatile.
ACCESSORY.

REALLY?????
Reply
#12
I saw mention of a mono-pod upon a cursory glance, which matched up with the OP title.
I feel you on learning new things, as once I step outside my comfort zone and ask, I'm amazed at how much has been sitting under my nose all these years.

I didn't intend to offend you, and wanted to find some clarity.
Reply
#13
The mono-pod is not super stable, regardless of how tight it is. Also, if there is any play at all between the upper and the lower receivers, the monopod will magnify this in a very annoying way. Someone mentioned that they track along imperfections of he surface they are riding on, and this is quite true. I tried the mono pods, both medium and short length variants - longer definitely exacerbates movement. Save the cash, and invest in a cheap, dirty sock filled with any media resembling dried corn or rice. (And as Klem points out, anything organic should be kept dry and periodically checked for parasites.)
Reply
#14
lrgrendel Wrote:Sorry but I can't leave this one go. Sometimes I think I am back at school when I am on this web site. Once again we are talking about WORDS and DEFINITIONS.
I quote a definition :

" A thing that can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile"

As there was already a trigger in my rifle and I installed a more expensive, better trigger it became more useful and versatile.
ACCESSORY.

REALLY?????

LOL...well, words do have meaning.

I would quote another definition:
Quote:Definition of accessory (n)
Bing Dictionary
ac·ces·so·ry[ ak séssəree ]
optional part: an optional part that may be fitted to something to perform an additional function or enhance performance

No offense intended...and LRRPF52 meant none either.

I like the Geissele triggers as well...I have three in my ARs. Good choice.
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#15
now that this thread has kinda jumped the shark we can make it into a what is or is not an accessory debate

i would tend to agree that an match trigger replacing a stock trigger isnt really an accessory but more an upgrade of a critical part like putting a high performance engine into a car over a weak stock motor or since the trigger is a control item say putting a carbon ceramic big break kit on the car so you can stop better without getting brake fade so you can carry more speed into the turns without crashing into the wall

the mono pod is an accessory though like mud flaps
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)