07-13-2013, 01:25 PM
I strapped Mankussms 16 he sold me onto an M&P15 lower; not the ideal trigger but I wanted to shoot with Magpul collapsible ACS stock verses the Magpul fixed PRS on my 20 Grendel. I tried it out at 100yr (Hornady 123 A-MAX) as that is around the maximum Id shoot hog hunting in the Central FL woods. I simulated leaning against a tree and propping the barrel on a branch.
I never hit the bullseye but Im happy w/ the grouping. This is a much better hog hunting weapon verses the heavier 20 I was lugging around through the dense foliage. I may even choose it as a personal defense rifle over any of our 5.56s. To be fair, I didnt fire hundreds of rounds through it like I frequently do with our ARs.
Thanks Stephen I went to clean & lube prior to taking it out and there wasnt a speck of carbon. Next time youre in the Tampa area Ill give you a few beers to get all my rifles that pristine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3528[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3530[/ATTACH]
I never hit the bullseye but Im happy w/ the grouping. This is a much better hog hunting weapon verses the heavier 20 I was lugging around through the dense foliage. I may even choose it as a personal defense rifle over any of our 5.56s. To be fair, I didnt fire hundreds of rounds through it like I frequently do with our ARs.
Thanks Stephen I went to clean & lube prior to taking it out and there wasnt a speck of carbon. Next time youre in the Tampa area Ill give you a few beers to get all my rifles that pristine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3528[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3530[/ATTACH]
