Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question about WCI break...
#1
Can I just thread this break onto my muzzle and run it? On past breaks and hiders I have needed to have a crush washer in there. I appreciate the help.
Reply
#2
Nothing to index on this one. Just thread it on and go for it!
Reply
#3
Armanic is correct. However mine will start to shoot loose after a long range session so keep an eye on it.
Reply
#4
You can insert a rod through it to give it a little extra torque, but don't be an ape and twist the bbl extension to hell.
Reply
#5
Is there a way to keep it from coming loose? Crush washer? Loctite? Only asking because i will probably end up with this brake i like the way it works.
Reply
#6
if you do not want to remove it then you could use a small drop of blue loctite. I have never had one come loose with tons of shooting, it depends on the threads of your rifle and how you got the coating off. If that brake is tightened hard it is really on there securely.
Reply
#7
I've heard that loctite breaks down under heat and becomes messy powder. Have you tried anchoring with loctite?
Reply
#8
There are many variants of loctite, IIRC the highest teperature one is black or was, it releases at 450F

There are very few cases of loosening, it only takes a minute to check or correct if so.

Never chase your threads with a die, clean with a brass brush or just use the brake to clean it up.

The brake has more precise threads than that of most all dies.

Like I said, I have shot until my bbl was smoking hot and still needed a rod inserted to remove the brake.

Of course there can be very small differences in others threads and also how hard they tightened in the first place.

Please never use a washer or crush washer, that was not how this was designed to be used.

It could also lead to a misalignment, the face inside the brake mates with the crown ensuring a proper alignment, the threads alignment is good but only a backup to the crown/face.

This is why a WCI is so well fitted, you will note that nearly all other muzzle devices do not fit like this.

In the case of a A2 or similar if they did not have a crush washer it would fall right off they fit so loosely.
Reply
#9
z06man Wrote:I've heard that loctite breaks down under heat and becomes messy powder. Have you tried anchoring with loctite?

Bob Reynolds of Templar Consulting LLC uses a WCI on his full auto rifles, I don't think he is surpassed by anyone for heating a bbl up. He uses no loctite at all.
Reply
#10
My WCI didn't hurt the accuracy at all...
[Image: July2010Crane7.jpg]
Reply
#11
Now thats what i like to see results. So far this will probably be the brake i get. Looks good and works.
Reply
#12
I crank mine on hand tight and have never had a problem with it loosening.. in fact, the more I shoot the harder it is to remove. I think carbon jets back into the first few threads and locks it in place.
Reply
#13
This has been my experience
Reply
#14
You could get a crush washer or a nylon oil pan washer at any auto parts store. I used a nylon washer and it works perfectly fine, a lot better than the brake shooting loose in your shooting session and it stays tight without using anything else.

wakerider
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)