Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rumor Control-Ammunition Shortages
#21
Everybody is cranking out ammo as fast as they can. It's just that way more people are buying it, and are buying it in volumes that they normally don't.
Reply
#22
When I've been lucky and found .22, its been only a little more than it was in December.

But the secondary market.....I found a couple bricks a few weeks ago, and paid $20/500. Then walked out the door and was offered $40. Its stupid.

A friend was offered 3000 rounds for $500, for the same ammo we paid $120 for in December. That's a 400+% jump!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#23
kegs Wrote:Tenex is the best rimfire ammo I've ever shot, but isn't it already $250 for a bricks worth? Tongue I guess if you're going to spend money on rimfire ammo at today's prices, tenex is a real value now.

Do any of you guys shoot with .22LR just for the sake of saving a bunch of cash vs. grendel?

How many of you guys have an Anschutz target rifle?

Pretty close at $219.90/500.
Reply
#24
LR1955 Wrote:Kegs:

I just took a look at Midway and I believe they are totally out of .22 Rimfire. However, the prices they are listing, despite being out, isn't any different than before this current scare.

So, maybe that top end Ely stuff was very expensive to begin with? Not sure.

LR1955

Yep - it was always pricey to shoot, but the precision was much better! Wolf & Lapua were always pretty good & a little less $$$. Champion shooters is the place to get the tenex.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)