01-30-2013, 04:32 AM
This was from a 6.5x55 Swede shot into wet newspaper at 100yds:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads..._with_lots
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads..._with_lots
|
Interesting Test of 24 different 6.5mm Projectiles
|
|
01-30-2013, 04:32 AM
This was from a 6.5x55 Swede shot into wet newspaper at 100yds:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads..._with_lots
01-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the link. Good stuff.
Something to keep in perspective when viewing the results is that the data suggests impact velocities ~400 fps higher than typical Grendel speeds (from barrels 20" and less, and assuming that I'm interpreting the information correctly).
Drifter
01-30-2013, 05:13 AM
Yup. You can see erratic deformation of even premium bullets impacting at those speeds from the 6.5x55 loaded pretty warm. I would like to conduct a similar test with all our 85-130gr hunting projectiles, and a few 140gr just for reference, showing Grendel impact velocities at 200yds and 300yds.
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Great info, the visuals of the bullets really are impressive. Sure give you an idea how bullet construction or design relates to performance.
01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Part two. He's been collecting recently released bullets for part 3, I'll mail him a few 123 SSTs. I forget which test session the 120 TTSX was in but check THAT ONE out, ELK!!
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads..._Part_Deux Hunting Experience, scroll down to Hand Loading for great bullet reviews. He gets all exited talking bout the 6.5mm Barnes bullets, and this is pre TTSX. http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledg....5x55.html Noslers bullet test/review section. Comparatively way too few 6.5 reviews here, I intend to help solve that this summer. http://noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=47
01-30-2013, 09:42 PM
It make a good point of proving noslers motto for the partition valid “Is it as good as a Partition?”
I do think the 125 partition is probably the mark to beat in the Grendel though I would like to see a Grendel specific barnes
Punctuation is for the weak....
02-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Mongoosesnipper How about a Grendel specific Trophy bonded unit Say in 95-110 gr
Bear claw All ideas are welcomed how do cold here what are yee shooting there in Ireland must be cuz the lack of Any punctuation is weak is this a good thing I often wonder meeself in hymer I used to shoot 140 nosler partitions in the 7mm mag seemed to not drop the energy inside of said future dead deer equalled the bugger ran for a test shoot as it ran farther and farther eeway I can ramble for 3 weeks if need be so much for punctuation look out world as I am done with punctuation marks Have an Awesome Groundhog Day I am to shoot outdoors soon in this blasted cold-we are having a heat wave a tropical heatwave Grumpy old men = I am not near that old making fun of mgooses lack of punct idea is all
02-03-2013, 01:43 AM
That's in my signature as I have many a post with long run on sentences and am often called out on it. Grammar and spelling however are often required to accurately express a point and i try to keep those in check...
Punctuation is for the weak....
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|