Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Titanium Firing Pin?
#1
Since I don't have my upper yet, I can't compare a standard pin to a 6.5 grendel pin. Can I drop a standard ar15/m16 titanium firing pin into the grendel bolt?
Reply
#2
Yes
Reply
#3
Or you can make one out of a duplex nail

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vNGnq9A-cFE

But to answer your question, all AR15 firing pins are the same, regardless of caliber.
Reply
#4
Excellent. Thanks guys.
Reply
#5
A Titanium firing pin is more likely to gall on the tip, which can cause issues with your primers and non-pressure induced piercings.

The concept behind them is to reduce time on the hammer from when it hits the firing pin, until the primer activates.

I think most guys in NRA Hi-power matches use standard firing pins.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)