Posts: 132
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2011
anybody got one of these? was thinking about picking one up to complement the SBR Grendel i currently have. was curious as to how they shoot and if any reliability issues...
TIA
http://jtdistributing.net/store/product1161.html
urjustamemory
Unregistered
I to am looking at this upper. And pretty much have the same questions.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
07-23-2012, 11:38 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 03:33 AM by VASCAR2.)
I have the 16" J&T heavy barrel CAR grip model. The barrel does not have the chrome lining. I'm using it on a DS lower with RRA LPK and a 6 position J&T collasible stock. The carbine has been very reliable and shoots great with factory A-Max and my reloads. This upper uses a 6.5 Grendel Chamber design and AA bolt and for the price I think they are GTG. I bought this upper because I wanted a 6.5 Grendel to match my 5.56 duty carbine.
I just bought that same upper do not buy it on line call them on the phone the only twist rate offered in the Grendel is 1/9, and you also have a railed gas block option at no cost also. mine shoots great I have no pictures yet but it shoots less then one inch groups at 100 meters with Hornady 123g A-max
Oh by the way the upper alone is almost 7 pounds it was 7 pounds shipped with packing, it has a heavy barrel under the hand guard, overall a nice shooter, I would buy from J&T again
Posts: 132
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2011
Not quite exactly the same, but I purchased a 20" upper from J&T and I've been. Dry happy with it. I mated it with a stag lower and a Nikon buckmaster (with custom turret) and it shoots very well.