Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Next Grendel???
#1
I am looking at getting a new upper. AA.
I don't know weather to go 18", 16" or 14.5?
I will not be shooting past 500y. Most shots will be 100-300yards.
I will be mostly shooting metal and paper. But I would like to hunt white tail with it.
I am not a competitive shooter. Just push myself to do good, and to have fun.
I had a 19.5" AA hunter upper, but I want something lighter, quicker and accurate.
Will a 16" AA be good to shoot 130-140g bullets?
I have only been shooting 123 Hornady and some Wolf 120mpt through my 19.5".
I started hand loading a little bit ago, and will be trying some grendel handloads soon.
Let me know what you guys think!
Reply
#2
I'd go with the 14.5" barrel. That looks real intriguing, a super light weight hunting rifle. I built a 16" Grendel, very nice shooter, real happy with it. Shot a couple boxes of Hornady 129SST, accuracy was so so, 1.5-2" moa. That was pretty limited though, haven't tried any reloads with the heavier bullets. So far it likes the Nosler 120 BT best.

Take a look at this thread, Stokerj's rifle w/14.5" barrel, that's sweet.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ght-builds
Reply
#3
I would go middle of the stream with the 16 or the 18 inch. More velocity for some range but not to long to walk around with like a 24 inch.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)