05-14-2012, 11:35 PM
I've got a Remmy 700 AAC-SD that is basically a POS, shooting 2" groups at 100. I'm planning a rebarrel and restock soon. Instead of going .308 I was kicking around the idea of chambering it in 6.5 Grendel using a PTG bolt with the PPC face.
The only problem I'm having is that I want it to feed off of the magazine, preferably a DBM. I want to keep (close anyway) the factory magazine length so I can load long.
I thought of doing a blind box magazine by milling off the front portion of an AR mag and with a little machine work, epoxying it into the stock. I'd rather have a DBM though. Any ideas?
If it helps I'm looking at 2 stocks right now, the XLR Industries but more likely a Manners carbon fiber with Badger bottom metal. Any ideas?
The only problem I'm having is that I want it to feed off of the magazine, preferably a DBM. I want to keep (close anyway) the factory magazine length so I can load long.
I thought of doing a blind box magazine by milling off the front portion of an AR mag and with a little machine work, epoxying it into the stock. I'd rather have a DBM though. Any ideas?
If it helps I'm looking at 2 stocks right now, the XLR Industries but more likely a Manners carbon fiber with Badger bottom metal. Any ideas?

