Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bullet sorting before seating.
#1
I'm looking at various ways to improve accuracy and wonder it anyone sorted there bullets by lenght before seating.
Reply
#2
No. I don't. If you arent' getting good accuracy I'd look someplace else in the loading chain.~Ruima
Reply
#3
Some Benchrest, ELR and F-class shooters sort projectiles on length (OAL and base to ogive). But those are games where any advantage no matter how small is pursued.

http://barrelcool.com/product-category/sorteez/

There are likely better uses of your time (load development for YOUR gun, consistent press operation, consistent powder charges etc.) unless shooting one of those disciplines.
Reply
#4
Thank you.
Reply
#5
I would check bullet base to ogive if you’re not buying substantial volume of same lot bullets. Have seen .020+ between different lot numbers of exact same bullet. Speaking Nosler, Hornady and Sierra mostly, less so with Lapua and not able to comment on Berger as no experience there. Within same lot, you may not be able the shoot the small variances, and time may be best spent behind the rifle or in load development at the bench, as noted above.
Reply
#6
That is definitely a road less traveled, and for good reason. The returns on the time invested is so small, even if it was helpful, that your powder throws and annealing could have made up the difference. Or maybe your rifle will like a different brass, primer, powder combo.
When Brian Litz finally starts sorting brass and bullets then maybe I will start. He took virgin brass and off the shelf components and won 3rd at F Class Worlds. He claims to never weight sort brass or bullets. He is very meticulous on powder throws though. He also doesnt do ladder tests or OCWs.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)