Posts: 549
Threads: 41
Joined: Jan 2014
[video=youtube;CIpVIzdVHIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpVIzdVHIE&t=1s[/video]
Double Naught Spy let me have a go with the Lone Star Armory (LSA) 264 LBC TX-15 rifle. I threw on my suppressor and Leupold 8.5-25x target scope and hit the range.
Velocity could be better but it is one long bullet so powder capacity is an issue.
I will be joining DNS this upcoming week to try and deposit some of these into Texas Feral Hogs.
Accuracy was PHENOMENAL....
Posts: 1,106
Threads: 8
Joined: Nov 2017
Thanks for all the info .
Posts: 108
Threads: 14
Joined: Aug 2018
I have really good success with that bullet and xbr 8208.
Posts: 34
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2018
Good video. I enjoyed it. That was the first time I have seen one of those presses. I have only used my RCBS.
Posts: 549
Threads: 41
Joined: Jan 2014
I find it works really well (LE Wilson Seating and Chamber die) it helps me throw out the cases that Ive resized but that have the persistent bulge at the base.
Theyll slide into the chamber portion of the die a little rough and stick - those get tossed before a bullet goes on top of the powder.
Posts: 23
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2019
Im thinking about doing the same. I contacted Lehigh and they suggested starting at 26gr of 8208 working up to a max of 28.5gr. Where did you start and end your work up at?
Posts: 23
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2019
Pootyng Wrote:I have really good success with that bullet and xbr 8208.
I was thinking about doing the same. I contacted Lehigh and they suggested, based on their test, to start at 26gr and work up to 28.5gr. Where did you start and finish your work-up?
Posts: 549
Threads: 41
Joined: Jan 2014
07-08-2020, 11:37 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 11:00 PM by HuntTXhogs.)
I put a couple of these into some 250 lb hogs , they work as designed - the petals shear and go into heart , liver, lungs while the base breaks ribs and tracks straight through.
The hogs were tandem shot so unsure yet on true lethality
Back to testing soon
[video=youtube;zh14ymc0_8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh14ymc0_8A[/video]