Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
Always been a fan of the AR platform.Finally decided to start buying parts to build my own Grendel.Figured this site could give me a wealth of knowledge so Im more successful.Im 33 and an avid deer hunter.Planning on building this rifle for my little 7 year old step son and I to shoot and have fun with deer hunting.Excited to see packages at the door lately
Posts: 1,567
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Welcome to the clan, 6587, from your neighbor on the west. You have come to the source of all knowledge Grendel and made an excellent choice for both you and your young'un! Be ready to start a second one as the first will soon be his alone ( and Grendels don't like to be alone ). Tell us about your build, maybe a pix or two.
Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
just_john Wrote:Welcome to the clan, 6587, from your neighbor on the west. You have come to the source of all knowledge Grendel and made an excellent choice for both you and your young'un! Be ready to start a second one as the first will soon be his alone ( and Grendels don't like to be alone ). Tell us about your build, maybe a pix or two.
Havent started assembly yet but my current parts are Magpul stock,strike industries buffer tube,magpul grip,Grendel Hunter lower parts with ambi safety selector,Grendel Hunter recoil spring,Faxon BCG .136 headspace,Aero FDE M4E1 waiting for it to arrive at FFL,3# drop in trigger from Grendel Hunter,thinking about getting a Wilson Combat 20 Match Barrel,Grendel Hunter Brake,Grendel Hunter FDE handguard,Strike industries ext charge handle,strike industries forward assist,Aero Upper
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Welcome to the horde sir. From northwest louisiana.
Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
A5BLASTER Wrote:Welcome to the horde sir. From northwest louisiana.
Im in the SouthEast right off I-12
Posts: 1,624
Threads: 58
Joined: Jan 2018
Welcome from the Republic of Texas
Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
Popeye212 Wrote:Welcome from the Republic of Texas
Just came home from Sonora Texas on Saturday.Went an checked out my buddies FILs ranch out there.Im jealous Im not a Texas land owner gotta be nice to be able to hunt big game 365 days a year out west
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
Welcome from Lafayette!
I leave Monday for fishing in Port Mansfield and axis in Comfort, Tx.
Agree about Texas. I have come to love it.
Posts: 61
Threads: 2
Joined: May 2019
Welcome from Florida although I was born and raised in La., geaux Tigers. I still have an interest in a hunting camp on the Red River, get to make a couple of hunts a year.
You'll find this is a great forum to get honest experienced answers to questions without all the cussing and fighting you see on other sites.
Posts: 57
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2020
Welcome from Missouri. I think you picked the best caliber for your step son.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Welcome to the forum SixFive87!
Posts: 1,397
Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome from Floridas Spacecoast
Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
BCG Wrote:Welcome from Missouri. I think you picked the best caliber for your step son.
We have a hunting lease in North Missouri.I love the Show Me State
Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
I cannot wait to get this thing put together and get it out on the range.My step son loves fortnite so I figure a cool looking rifle will be able to draw him to shooting more often and come hunting with me more.Ordered me a 28 Nosler couldnt let him have all the fun
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
SixFive87 Wrote:We have a hunting lease in North Missouri.I love the Show Me State
I use to live in Missouri myself, truly some great ground for deer hunting up there.
Posts: 279
Threads: 14
Joined: Dec 2019
SixFive87 Wrote:Im in the SouthEast right off I-12
Welcome aboard, Im off I-12 as well, just east of BR.
peak98
Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
peak98 Wrote:Welcome aboard, Im off I-12 as well, just east of BR.
peak98
Well you aint far from me.I live around Holden/Albany
Posts: 279
Threads: 14
Joined: Dec 2019
SixFive87 Wrote:Well you aint far from me.I live around Holden/Albany
Im in Denham off Juban, I hunt in Holden.
peak98
Posts: 22
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2020
peak98 Wrote:Im in Denham off Juban, I hunt in Holden.
peak98
Well we are very close then Im right off interstate from either Holden or Albany exit can get to it either way.I hunt in the delta zone in MS.Do they have any good shooting ranges around here where you can stretch it out a bit.I have a 28 Nosler on the way and I want to get it dialed in an comfortable shooting to 500-700 yards because we have some big crop fields and if I see Mr big I been chasing all year at 450 I wanna ruin his day