Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking for a good accurate bullet to shoot deer.
#21
I do not reload. I recently bought factory loaded Ammo from Maker. At 100 yards I am getting a 3 inch vertical group, I may try their 110s next and see how they shoot in my rifle. Last week The SSTs shot nickel sized groups, Hornady American Gunner 1 inch groups, Federal 120 Fusion 1 1/2 inch groups and the Makers are the only ones to "string" vertically. Most of my hog hunting shots are around 20 yards so the SSTs, Fusions and Makers will be able to make head shots, Not going to hunt with the Gunners. I would have no problem with 100 yard shots with the Makers, In the last 5 years I have not shot a hog further than 60 yards. I shot a few rounds again today at 100 yards, results were the same as last week for the SSTs, Fusions and Makers.
Reply
#22
RobertFL Wrote:Not going to hunt with the Gunners..

just curious, if you're hunting close where velocity isn't an issue, why not?
Reply
#23
I can not always get a head shot. I was thinking the Gunners are more of a target bullet and may not expand properly when shot into body or shoulder. We have lots of swamp and wet lands, not fun trailing into the water where the gators are..
Reply
#24
RobertFL Wrote:I can not always get a head shot. I was thinking the Gunners are more of a target bullet and may not expand properly when shot into body or shoulder. We have lots of swamp and wet lands, not fun trailing into the water where the gators are..

https://youtu.be/NGjSGe8-fqM
Reply
#25
I have a 16" and get right at 2300fps with gunner bullets in my handloads... these are my experiences with gunner. My experience, up close where velocity is good they perform well. I wouldn't use them past a couple hundred yards though personally, unless your MV are much higher than mine.

some pics from when I shot at milk jugs at 100 yards

first jug
[Image: pXXCa0n.jpg]

second jug blown to the side
[Image: 0PBB3rq.jpg]

third jug and all I found
[Image: oOfdAvt.jpg]

[Image: 2M4MHV9.jpg]

results on animals, some with good exit pics

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ner-coyote

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ner-coyote

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...can-Gunner

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...cientific)
Reply
#26
SST is a great hunting bullet.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)