Hello from IN
#1
I built my Grendel from an Anderson stripped lower and upper. 18? fluted heavy barrel from Classic Firearms. The optic is a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 3-9x40. I have also sent my first box of Hornady 123gr SST downrange.

I got on paper at 50yd then sighted in at 100yd. The first group was good at about 1.3? but then the shots went all over the place. As much as 6? between consecutive shots. So I?ve got to figure that out. I?m pretty sure it?s not me.

My main reason for joining is because I am a reloader and deer hunter, and I will be pursuing the best bullet for hunting. For starters, the 123gr SST - which is getting lots of mixed reviews from what I can tell - the 129gr InterLock, and probably the 120gr Ballistic Tip for starters.
Reply
#2
Welcome to the horde sir. Sounds like something came lose.
Reply
#3
Welcome from KY.
Reply
#4
Welcome to the clan, k, from the great nation of Texas. How securely is your barrel bonded to your upper receiver? If you have a flash hoder / muzzle brake, have you removed it to see what the effects might be? Just some thoughts.
Reply
#5
Welcome to the forum Kludge! What part of Indiana are you in. Classic Firearms used to sell Bear Creek Arsenal and BCA has a spotty reputation with 6.5 Grendel. Like another member mentioned I’d make sure the barrel nut is tight, inspect the crown and check the muzzle device. Make sure your optic was tight in the mount and the mount tightly attached to the upper.
Reply
#6
Welcome from Georgia......

Something is loose I bet

Chuck
Reply
#7
welcome

took me a bit to dial in what my rifle liked,
Reply
#8
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Reply
#9
Welcome aboard. These will help out a lot and are a great set of references for 6.5 Grendel:

[Image: 65grendelhandbookvol1_2.png]

[Image: GBook%20Vol1&2%20TOC.jpg]

[Image: Vol-2-Excerpt-300x326.jpg]
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)