Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sierra 130 gr Gamechanger and Barnes 140 gr Match Burner
#1
Does anyone have a starting load for the 130 Gamechanger and 140 Match Burner bullets? I’m using ARComp and Varget. Reloading for a 20” PSA. OR make a recommendation. Thanks.
Reply
#2
I just ordered some this morning. If you go to midsouth shooter supply and look at their bullet selection of the gamechanger they actually give you a link for the data.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/f...d_data.pdf
Not sure it will help for your powder choices.
Reply
#3
Barnes has data on their site for the 140 match burner. They are loading past magazine length in their data.
Reply
#4
I have the Sierra app for iPhone and saw their loads. I’m trying not purchase more powder. I have on hand Varget and ARComp. I was probably going to use Speer’s ARComp starting load for the 140gr Hot-cor. But I don’t know if I should use a fast or slow burning powder for these heavy bullets.
Reply
#5
I burnt through a box last year using AR Comp in my 20? Lilja AR. I settled on 26.8grs COL 2.260? accurate and low SD
I need to order more but it?s hunting season. I?m using 123 SST and 129ABLR. Below is the results I had with the TGK
First time out with TGK
Sierra 130gr. TGK ARCOMP
COL 2.265?
25.0gr. 2205; 2186
25.3gr. 2216; 2193
25.6gr. 2212; 2227
25.9gr. 2240; 2237
26.2gr. 2273; 2271
26.5gr. 2275; 2276
26.8gr. 2304; 2320

2nd range Visit
130gr TGK ARCOMP
COL 2.265? BC .620 G1

26.5gr. 2302; 2296;2267;
2262;2279. SD 65
26.7gr. 2296;2276;2292;
2284;2302. SD 26
26.9gr. 2316;2302;2321
Error;

130gr TGK ARCOMP
COL 2.260? BC .620 G1

26.5gr. 2248;2299;2283
2308;2302. SD 60
26.8gr. 2326;2326;2320
2314;2326. SD 12
Reply
#6
Thank you all for contributing I appreciate the responses.
Reply
#7
Bayouhunter1960 Wrote:I burnt through a box last year using AR Comp in my 20? Lilja AR. I settled on 26.8grs COL 2.260? accurate and low SD

This pretty much matches what I ended up loading for my 20" BSF barrel; 26.7 AR Comp, Lapua Brass and 2.260 COAL. I wish the 123gr SST's shot as well in my gun!
Reply
#8
Just remember that AR Comp is fast for projectiles even in the 123gr class, so be sure to not exceed loads that show a departure area in your trend line when you do .3gr ladders.

If I were loading these bullets, I would be trying LeveRevolution and CFE223.

For an extruded powder, I might try Vihtavuori N540.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#9
LRRPF52 Wrote:Just remember that AR Comp is fast for projectiles even in the 123gr class, so be sure to not exceed loads that show a departure area in your trend line when you do .3gr ladders.

If I were loading these bullets, I would be trying LeveRevolution and CFE223.

For an extruded powder, I might try Vihtavuori N540.

Interesting, didn't know that. I'm almost out of AR Comp so I'll try and pick up some N540. Because of the winter shooting I do, wanted to stick with extruded.
Reply
#10
FYI the seirra site list that 130 gr gamechanger as aG1 BC of .510
I know that midsouth states on they re page as a G1 of .620
I have a bunch loaded for my 260 but have run the BC out long to varify which is correct. But looking at both eld and game changer side by side i d say the .510 is correct. But a guess on my part til i can run them out to 800-1000 yrds.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)