Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dillon powder measure
#1
Anybody having any luck running AR-Comp thru dillon measure. Cant get mine to stay within +/-.2 gr. Thats too much for me. This one has been dismantled and fully polished also. Where did the supply of 8208 go to? Cant find it anywhere this week.
Reply
#2
I use a Harrell’s, no problem with ARComp
Reply
#3
ok CJW but not on a dillon press, right?
Reply
#4
No it is a very old measure.
Reply
#5
Is this a old or new style powder measure?
Try wiping down with anti static wipes. Had similar problem way back when with Winchester 748 powder loading 223 on my 650.
Reply
#6
okiecat Wrote:Where did the supply of 8208 go to?
Great question. Recently got a bolt Grendel, did a bunch of research and got recommendations from the heads, settled on 8208XBR. Normally I search for the cheapest most convenient source of anything. With this stuff, a source at all would be a development.
Reply
#7
nope couldn't get close enough for me either , switched to a Frankford intellidropper and love it
Reply
#8
GET SOME SPRINGS, PUT EM UP LIKE OLD SCHOOL. Thank me later.

The new setup is horrid, but if you add the springs back in, it's almost 100%. It's no precision drop, but it'll be within +/- .1 gr, which if your neck tension is good, you wont find much of an issue anyway. I've found loads I can run within .2 that just work. I can't stack those boxes in one hole at 100, but I can plink all day at 600 with confidence. Even on the 12" fox.
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
Reply
#9
Anyone know of a after market replacement spring?
Reply
#10
DDRanch Wrote:Anyone know of a after market replacement spring?

Dillon still offers the replacement springs for the old measures.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/square-d...25379.html

Select this from the drop down or call and ask for it:
Old Style Powder Bar return Spring* (Stock # 14036) are $3.99 currently
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)