01-05-2020, 03:25 AM
has anyone loaded the above combination yet? if so would you consider sharing data? accuracy? velocity? load details?
thanks,
-tdbru
thanks,
-tdbru
|
100 gr. Barnes TTSX and ALLIANT PRO POWER VARMINT question(s)
|
|
01-05-2020, 03:25 AM
has anyone loaded the above combination yet? if so would you consider sharing data? accuracy? velocity? load details?
thanks, -tdbru
01-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Never tried that powder. I use CFE223 with 100 TTSX and get 2800FPS out of my suppressed 24". Groups are under a 1/2".
01-06-2020, 02:35 AM
thanks for that data point. I think I will try APPV and some 100gr. TTSX and see what I see. hopefully the Sierra manual is close to what I actually get. i'll report back when that happens. unfortunately the weather looks like it isn't going to cooperate for the next week to 10 days it seems.
-tdbru
01-10-2020, 06:18 AM
I just got a box of 100 grain TTSX bullets after I couldn't get the 120's to pattern. I have some CFE223 but can't find the data. Help?
01-10-2020, 02:50 PM
Load data from manufacturers is limited for CFE223 in the 6.5 Grendel. Hornady had a misprint on their number 9 manual and released an update for 95-100 grain bullets. These are cup and core bullets whereas Barnes 100 grain TTSX is a monolithic projectile and will probably max out a little lower than the listed data. If I were going to use CFE223 I’d work up slowly watching my velocities with a chronograph.
Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading – 9th Edition Errata Page 286, 6.5 Grendel, 95-100 grain data, the CFE 223 line should read: CFE 223 28.5gr. (2300) 29.7gr. ( 2400) 31.0gr. (2500) 32.2gr. (2600) 32.9gr. (2650) 33.5gr. (2700FPS) |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|