New to the Grendel from Baton Rouge
#1
I’m here to learn. I’m 44, been shooting/hunting since I was six. The 6.5g is a new cartridge to me. It’s in an AR platform to be adjustable for my daughter and nephews to easily use since they’re both recoil sensitive. I picked up a lightly used BCA upper and some ammo. I must admit, I’m looking forward to trying it out on a few deer as well as I’ve never hunted with an AR platform rifle.
peak98
Reply
#2
Welcome to the horde sir. From North West Louisiana.
Reply
#3
Welcome to the Horde, be for warned Grendels have a way of multiplying
Reply
#4
Greetings peak98,
Use the search function with the word recoil in the box for threads on reducing felt recoil.
My BCA Grendel had enough recoil that I put an add on recoil pad to keep my shoulder from getting sore during load development.
Reply
#5
A5B is on a quest to kill every warm blooded animal in Louisiana!!!!

He needs your help, welcome to the Hoarde..,.

Chuck
Reply
#6
Welcome to the clan, p98, from your neighbor to the west. I've been shooting almost twice as long as you have. Have played with and / or built many rifles. Have not found any rifle / cartridge combination that can be made to be as non-recoiling as the Grendel. Built one for a nephew who is paralyzed from his shoulders down, fell out of a tree stand and broke his back. Pulled out all the stops to eliminate recoil. You can hold it out at arms length and it "almost" doesn't move when the trigger is pulled. Your kids will love it, your nephews will love it, now you need one for yourself!
Reply
#7
Welcome to the forum peak98!
Reply
#8
Welcome!
Reply
#9
Thank y’all for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.
peak98
Reply
#10
just_john Wrote:Welcome to the clan, p98, from your neighbor to the west. I've been shooting almost twice as long as you have. Have played with and / or built many rifles. Have not found any rifle / cartridge combination that can be made to be as non-recoiling as the Grendel. Built one for a nephew who is paralyzed from his shoulders down, fell out of a tree stand and broke his back. Pulled out all the stops to eliminate recoil. You can hold it out at arms length and it "almost" doesn't move when the trigger is pulled. Your kids will love it, your nephews will love it, now you need one for yourself!

Please elaborate if you will, how did you all but eliminate the felt recoil ? I’m interested.
peak98
Reply
#11
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Reply
#12
Welcome from across the basin!
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#13
peak98 Wrote:Please elaborate if you will, how did you all but eliminate the felt recoil ? I’m interested.
peak98

p98, it was a weight and slowed system process. Started with a full forged upper and lower, trued the upper. Then a 20" RFGS heavy barrel and full length handguard. Finished up with an A2 buffer and springed stock.
He hunts from a blind his in-laws built with a wheel-chair ramp, Grendel lives in a tripod. He has hand and arm motion but no strength in his back to support this. He has harvested deer, coyotes and more with this.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)