Posts: 302
Threads: 25
Joined: Jan 2016
A5BLASTER Wrote:Yea people have been saying that seen the day grendel was born.
They weren't correct then and they ain't correct now.
The funniest one I ever heard was a guy shooting 300 slowout at the local range trying to tell me his 10 inch pistol was more capable of kills at 500 yards then my 16 inch grendel.
Me and two friends (They shot 6.8, but aren't spc nazi's) just kind of looked at each other. Like is this mall ninja for real.
I hear A5. We got a friend with that same attitude. Says his 12" slowout with a laser is the flattest shooting coyote killer ever! I just bit my tongue and laughed inside.
Posts: 66
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2018
Added a couple of does this weekend to fill out my quota, one was with subsonic 300 BLK and the other with 6.5 Grrr.
The 300 BLK was from a tree stand at about 30 yards. Perfect double lung shot. The sound of the bullet hitting the rocks after exiting the doe was the loudest part of the suppressed shot from my single shot rifle. The other deer were startled by the doe jumping and running away, but they didn't run away and went back to enjoying the alfalfa hay that the cows didn't eat. She ran about 50 yards, then just stood there and bled-out until she stumbled another few yards and dropped dead. She was a healthy 100 lbs which is a good size for the doe in the area this year.
The other doe was a perfect neck shot at 135 yards with the Grendel. Instant drop. Not even a kick or spasm after she hit the ground. She weighed in at 95 lbs.
Each cartridge performed as expected/designed, but if I want DRT, I will always choose the Grendel.