In Canada we have weird magazine laws. Rifles restricted to 5 rounds, pistols 10. But if a pistol magazine fits a rifle, you can use 10 rounds. So bless you guys for making 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel (x39) pistols, I have a pile of 5.56 and 7.62x39 ten shot 'pistol' magazines. All of mine are CPD and they work great.
I've never had an issue with ASC mags. But behind enemy lines here in N.Y., all I've used are 5 and 10 round mags. The larger ones, I can't tell you anything.
do they fit in the standard chest mag carrier pockets?
I think it really depends on the design of the pouch. I think the CPD 26 round 6.5 Grendel mags would work as well or better for pouches designed for AK mags.
I bought two 17 round E-Lander mags back around fathers day when I ordered a MBT 2S trigger. I loaded these mags with Wolf steel case ammo on receipt. I think I may have manually unloaded them once or twice but reloaded them and let them set loaded. I got to use the mags today and they fed and functioned perfectly. I reloaded the mags and it appears the springs have taken set. No rattles just quality mags IMHO. I think I have eleven 17 round E-Landers, two 10 round and two 24 round E-Lander mags. I might be lucky but so far all my E-Lander mags have been gtg.
I know you can’t load your ammo as long with the E-Lander mags but I like them for how I use my 6.5 Grendel AR-15’s. I really like the seventeen round 6.5 Grendel mags the best. They don’t add a lot of bulk and work great off the bench.
The trick with E-Landers is to load them to capacity and let them set loaded for extended period of time. Makes a huge difference if the spring has taken set.
VASCAR2 Wrote:I think it really depends on the design of the pouch. I think the CPD 26 round 6.5 Grendel mags would work as well or better for pouches designed for AK mags.
I bought two 17 round E-Lander mags back around fathers day when I ordered a MBT 2S trigger. I loaded these mags with Wolf steel case ammo on receipt. I think I may have manually unloaded them once or twice but reloaded them and let them set loaded. I got to use the mags today and they fed and functioned perfectly. I reloaded the mags and it appears the springs have taken set. No rattles just quality mags IMHO. I think I have eleven 17 round E-Landers, two 10 round and two 24 round E-Lander mags. I might be lucky but so far all my E-Lander mags have been gtg.
I know you can’t load your ammo as long with the E-Lander mags but I like them for how I use my 6.5 Grendel AR-15’s. I really like the seventeen round 6.5 Grendel mags the best. They don’t add a lot of bulk and work great off the bench.
The trick with E-Landers is to load them to capacity and let them set loaded for extended period of time. Makes a huge difference if the spring has taken set.
I used the same trick on the elander mags i had. Used the same trick too set the springs on my SIX8 pmags I'm useing with my 16 inch grendel.
08-06-2019, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 10:46 PM by WSAR15.)
You mean a good Colt 20rd mag will work with 6.5 Grendel (10 rds)?
I thought they were not "long enough" for the round... is it a round inclination in mag solution?
I still wonder whic mag, irrespective of the number of rounds, is the most reliable mag? I have no issue if limited to 10 or 15 by the way.
WSAR15 Wrote:You mean a good Colt 20rd mag will work with 6.5 Grendel (10 rds)?
I thought they were not "long enough" for the round... is it a round inclination in mag solution?
I still wonder whic mag, irrespective of the number of rounds, is the most reliable mag? I have no issue if limited to 10 or 15 by the way.
CPD 6.5 grendel mag is the best bet for 100% reliability.
ASC mags for me. I have about a dozen of them of all sizes. Never a single problem.
E-Lander is way over rated had a few that they didn't finish making, CPD/C products shotty workmanship had to files down front edge so case mouth didn't catch.
Probably ASC or CPD since the body of the mag is made with thinner stainless steel than E-Lander. If the Amend2 polymer mag makes it onto the market I suspect it will be similar to E-Lander in C.O.A.L., but we won’t know for sure until their released.
Probably ASC or CPD since the body of the mag is made with thinner stainless steel than E-Lander. If the Amend2 polymer mag makes it onto the market I suspect it will be similar to E-Lander in C.O.A.L., but we won’t know for sure until their released.
They are coming out soon! Real soon! Right around the corner so soon! :o
Rosecrans1 Wrote:Probably ASC or CPD since the body of the mag is made with thinner stainless steel than E-Lander. If the Amend2 polymer mag makes it onto the market I suspect it will be similar to E-Lander in C.O.A.L., but we won?t know for sure until their released.
They are coming out soon! Real soon! Right around the corner so soon! :o
I’m curious to see how the D&H mags work. Their 5.56 & .300bo mags are great, but the few posts of their 7.62x39 mags aren’t great. I hope these are good.
08-18-2019, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2019, 08:59 PM by VASCAR2.)
Buffman Range youtube channel tested a 12” & 18” 6.5 Grendel PSA AR-15’s. One of the magazines was a D&H ten round mag. Last I checked the ten round was the highest capacity D&H 6.5 Grendel mag.
I just checked D&H website, ten round only but they are CMV with QPQ finish and orange follower.