Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Larue or hunter?
#1
I ordered a larue tactical 6.5 Grendel ultimate upper about 13 weeks ago and was just informed they will take 4-6 months in the backup they are in at the moment, I am debating canceling the order and looking in the Grendel hunter for hunting purposes, doesn’t anyone have and experience with Grendel hunter rifles?
Reply
#2
I ordered my LaRue upper in mid-January, and didn't receive it until late May. In the meantime I got antsy and ordered another upper from Aero Precision, which arrived a week after ordering it. The LaRue is mounted on my Daniel Defense lower, and the Aero precision is mounted on my Colt LE6920 lower. I didn't cancel my LaRue order because I wanted a second 6.5 Grendel for my son to use.

Both shoot exceptionally well. Aero uses stainless steel barrels, so barrel break in is recommended. LaRue nitrides their barrels so a barrel break in is redundant. Both companies make their own barrels, (Aero Precision owns barrel manufacturer Ballistic Advantage).
Reply
#3
If your talking about the Grendel Hunter uppers sold by a dealer in Wisconsin there are several satisfied customers on the forum. Last I read was Grendel Hunter was using Saturn/Liberty Grendel II barrels. Alexander Arms also sell a hunter version of their 6.5 Grendel. The Hunter upper sold by AA has also had positive reviews on this forum.

Here is a link to the forum custom search feature. It will be easy to find post regarding either upper.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=0163689474...cu1o&hl=en
Reply
#4
VASCAR2 Wrote:Alexander Arms also sell a hunter version of their 6.5 Grendel. The Hunter upper sold by AA has also had positive reviews on this forum.

Which are discounted slightly right now and come in that bitchin' Kyptek hydrodip.

https://www.shopalexanderarms.com/Products-FTXSale.html
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#5
I cannot speak the barrels grendel hunter uses, as I put a group buy barrel on my build, but every thing they sell appears to be from reputable sources. I got a hand guard and assembled upper receiver from them and couldn't be happier. Price seemed fair to me and was on my doorstep the same week. What I have got from larue has been excellent quality at a reasonable price but you do have to play the waiting game with them.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)