Posts: 9
Threads: 4
Joined: Apr 2018
Ive been working on a grendel idea for some time and finally put together the parts i have gathered. This is an 18" barrel and the only parts i havnt picked up yet is the gas block. What would be the best block to install on this rifle? After a lot of reading on adjustable or non adjustable blocks i would rather get ideas from those of you who have more experience with this. Thanks again for your input.
Posts: 137
Threads: 21
Joined: Nov 2018
12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2018, 06:11 PM by Labrat198.)
http://www.wojtekweaponry.com
I picked up a Wojtek Adjustable GB after getting some recommendations here. Does not get pinned or have a set screw to keep it in place, just works on compression. I have only had it to the range once, so I can't comment on how well it stays put long term, but making adjustments was simple.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
12-26-2018, 08:24 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2018, 08:26 PM by VASCAR2.)
If you have a midlength gas system on an 18 barrel and anticipate using a suppressor Id suggest an adjustable gas block or adjustable carrier. I have 18 midlength gas with fixed gas block and it has functioned 100 % but I dont use suppressors.
If you have an 18 6.5 Grendel with rifle length gas system and plan on using a suppressor Id probably use an adjustable gas block or adjustable gas carrier.
If your running a long hand guard and are going to cover the gas block Id compare internal dimensions of the hand guard and the low profile gas block dimensions.
Posts: 415
Threads: 1
Joined: Oct 2018
They also offer set screw models:
http://www.wojtekweaponry.com/wojtek-750...set-screw/
Really hard to beat their value given they are steel blocks.
Posts: 9
Threads: 4
Joined: Apr 2018
Im not running suppressed on this rifle. Just hoping to get it set once and leave it once i get its load set up. Looking at running 123gr SMKs with 8208 for local matches. We are at sea level, but DA usually runs around 2000'.
Posts: 247
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2018
All I have to say is all my builds I run superlative arms adjustable gas block. It allows you to fine to you gun, keeps recoil lower, and reduces wear on your upper receiver. I don’t see any reason why someone wouldn’t run a adjustable gas block.