Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel handguard torque
#1
Aero precision receiver and aero precision handguard and group buy 16" barrel....what torque am i looking for on barrel nut (also aero precision)
Thanks Guys
Reply
#2
If the barrel nut is a non indexing type, I like 60 inch pounds.

If it's a barrel nut type that the gas tube goes throw it I try to get as close to 60 inch pounds without going over and still have the gas tube free float throw the barrel nut.

I like to lap my receiver as well.

Hope this helps sir.
Reply
#3
A5BLASTER Wrote:If the barrel nut is a non indexing type, I like 60 inch pounds.

If it's a barrel nut type that the gas tube goes throw it I try to get as close to 60 inch pounds without going over and still have the gas tube free float throw the barrel nut.

I like to lap my receiver as well.

Hope this helps sir.

I believe that is foot-pounds and not inch-pounds.Big Grin
I grease the inside of the nut a little, especially the contact between barrel extension flange and nut.
I then torque to 40 ft-lbs and see if the holes lines up then go a little more until they do. The grease makes it easy.
Reply
#4
bj139 Wrote:I believe that is foot-pounds and not inch-pounds.Big Grin
I grease the inside of the nut a little, especially the contact between barrel extension flange and nut.
I then torque to 40 ft-lbs and see if the holes lines up then go a little more until they do. The grease makes it easy.

Yes foot pounds, don't know why I put inch pounds.
Reply
#5
thanks for input!
Reply
#6
Aero precision m4e1 upper barrel nut torque recommended is 50 ft lbs handguard screws 25 inch lbs. Per manufacturer specs.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)