07-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Slight update-
Have not had the chance to do any of the tests to shoot for groups but,
when I pull back the charging handle to about a 1/4" behind the rim of the round (not quite to the bolt catch) and let it go, it will chamber up and the bullet will not move. Pulling back a little farther to the bolt catch or all the way back with the charging handle and the bullet slips forward 0.005".
I know that I could work up a load that is accurate by single loading and then seat 5 thousandths deeper to compensate, but any round chambered and not fired would have to go back to the loading bench for re-seating.
Surely there is some solution that would allow full functioning but less chambering force returning to battery. Buy another spring and start cutting off coils?
Have not had the chance to do any of the tests to shoot for groups but,
when I pull back the charging handle to about a 1/4" behind the rim of the round (not quite to the bolt catch) and let it go, it will chamber up and the bullet will not move. Pulling back a little farther to the bolt catch or all the way back with the charging handle and the bullet slips forward 0.005".
I know that I could work up a load that is accurate by single loading and then seat 5 thousandths deeper to compensate, but any round chambered and not fired would have to go back to the loading bench for re-seating.
Surely there is some solution that would allow full functioning but less chambering force returning to battery. Buy another spring and start cutting off coils?

