Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Proof Carbon Fiber 20" Preliminary Results
#1
Initial 100 yd testing Still need to break in barrel and bring the correct bi-pod next time! Have about 40 round through it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11147[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#2
Nice! I have one sitting here for a build. I'm curious what your hot strings will look like.
Reply
#3
It was an awful day at the range. After finding out my son forgot to load the box with my cleaning stuff and my bi-pod, the first two groups were shot off a block of wood and shooting bag. Had an M4 grip/bipod combo that I use for the other three groups. Too many distractions and problems, plus I had kids around. Proper testing will take place next week. If I do my part, I see no reason why this barrel will not shoot .5/.6" groups after fully broken in. The barrel never got hot. Really weird! Zero copper fouling found during its first two cleanings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11160[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#4
The only thing that will stop a Proof CF barrel from shooting inside 1\2 MOA is the shooter. I do it all the time Rolleyes

The thermal properties are really something you have to see firsthand to believe
Let's go Brandon!
Reply
#5
Now if someone will come out with a CF supressor...not that any of us could afford it.

Looking forward to your next report. A CF barrel will be my next replacement...period.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#6
Azgeek...you didn't happen to weigh that barrel before you installed it, did you? A quick internet search doesn't turn up a weight for me and their website is a little vague.
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#7
Yes sir did. 2.2 pounds.
Reply
#8
Did you chrony them 8208 and 120 SMK loads by chance?
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ― George Orwell
Reply
#9
No I did not chrono. Too many other challenges that day. I have not shot the SMK 120's in years, but I would expect this load to come in at in at about 2510 fps. Be happy to get you a number this week on my next outing. Taking Friday off for just this reason.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)