01-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Arnold and Danny?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10892[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10892[/ATTACH]
|
My twins.
|
|
01-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Specs? Especially curious in "Danny" the pistol
02-01-2018, 03:07 AM
Hmm. Nothing to interesting really. Aero lower with pistol buffer and cheap parts kit. It's a little over 26" oal. With about a 12.25" barrel. Cut it to just sick out past the shortest handguard I had. I wish it was a little shorter barely fits in backpack it's sitting on.
Here are a couple more pics. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10975[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10976[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10977[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10978[/ATTACH] I also have this old kinda light 2_7x scope I might run on it. Not the best brand but has proven reliable on a 7.62x39 for 4yrs.
02-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Nice.
Any range results with the shorty yet? Have you considered a pistol brace? These pistol braces are awesome. No need for straight tubes anymore.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here: www.AR15buildbox.com
02-01-2018, 06:44 PM
I've only gotten it out once with the 2moa red dot on it. Here are my two targets.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post180564 I'm tempted to buy a magnifier(never used one). Re:brace just ordered a Shockwave, cheap and I'm trying to stay as light as possible.
Had a sh*t day at work and wanted to shoot afterwards. Ended up getting off late but I didn't let that stop me. Jogged the .25mile thru woods to shooting spot. As always it alot darker in woods than expected. Couldnt see the 4inch plate at 100yrd spot but could at 75yrds so I shot from there standing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10990[/ATTACH] Two more. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10991[/ATTACH] Next shot knocked it off my crappy hangars so I finished the mag shooting some disc harrows I cut into 4ths(picture a triangle with one rounded edge. Red dots are weird to they feel alot less precise but always seem to make the hit. The 12ish incher puts out a nice blast at night, but is quieter than the 18 with muzzle brake. Sent from phone will fix errors later.
02-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Fun stuff. I never used clothes hangars for things like that, since I always had baling wire. It's getting harder and harder to find.
02-02-2018, 12:30 AM
Ha DB, atwoods. If they aint got it, Orschlen. Or however you spell it. I feel you though, the local stores all used to have it on the shelf. Casey's used to be my go to for that and duct tape... how things change. Napa used to carry it, no more. Sears, hell even ACE hardware told me to pound sand last time I asked them. I bought a box of 12 rolls from Amazon, I got tired of driving 25 miles to Atwoods... just to get a roll of "twire".
Keef, nice you got to blow off some steam. Sounds like you got what you were after anyway.
02-02-2018, 01:20 AM
Kswhitetails Wrote:Ha DB, atwoods. If they aint got it, Orschlen. Or however you spell it. I feel you though, the local stores all used to have it on the shelf. Casey's used to be my go to for that and duct tape... how things change. Napa used to carry it, no more. Sears, hell even ACE hardware told me to pound sand last time I asked them. I bought a box of 12 rolls from Amazon, I got tired of driving 25 miles to Atwoods... just to get a roll of "twire". Atwoods is based here. That other place had a store in Duncan when we lived there. They were almost always out of whatever it was I needed. I could find the blank spot on the shelf, but couldn't buy what I wanted. I don't want to buy a roll of it, I want to take it off of the hay bales so it's free.
02-02-2018, 02:07 PM
That’s blasphemous for us Okies. Remember, if you can’t twistwire or duck it...
02-02-2018, 03:49 PM
Funny comments! I left the duck tape at home that day... Those are usually used for hanging skeet to shoot at, line 10 of em up side by side, kinda a fun way to shoot. Recently my wife and have been using the primal rights .22 challenge targets. https://www.primalrights.com/library/downloads
02-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Your pistol and rifle look strangely familiar. It appears two minds can think alike. Mine is a 300BLK though.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10994[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10995[/ATTACH]
02-02-2018, 04:49 PM
dpete Wrote:Your pistol and rifle look strangely familiar. It appears two great minds can think alike. Mine is a 300BLK though. Very nice!. We need a side by side shot. I'm trying to decide on a suppressor so I can start the paper work, so many options though....
02-24-2018, 10:40 PM
I finially got a longer gas tube and a bolt to make the 18"er complete. There is enough increase in velocity over my 12"ish pistol that wolf rounds go thru my homemade disc harrow targets. The pistol sent em swinging like crazy but no pass thru. The 16inch before I cut it down would dent them pretty good. My .22lr just leaves a splatter as expected.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|