Posts: 46
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
Fresh out of the shipping box
![[Image: 20170608_134328-1.jpg]](http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/jpedzinski/20170608_134328-1.jpg)
Out from the wrapper.
After mounting into my Mega upper I grabbed some rounds I had loaded for my other Grendels just to check velocity.
H4895 28 grains in Lapua brass with a Laupa 123 scenar
2365, 2373, 2362, 2369 = 2367 SD-1 ES-11
Ar-Comp 26.8 grains with same brass and bullet.
2348, 2352, 2357, 2344 = 2350 SD-5 ES-13
I'll be back with more data next week.
Posts: 221
Threads: 16
Joined: Jun 2017
Sweet. I've been looking forward to some range reports on these BA 65G barrels. I have a 16" 5.56 from BA and it definitely lives up to its sub moa guarantee.
- Kirk -
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Are you using a Ballistic Advantage Bolt and Carrier, I've never seen a carrier marked like yours.
Posts: 1,198
Threads: 52
Joined: Jan 2016
Really looking foward to how it groups. Also curious of your velocities with 8208 and CFE.
Posts: 46
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
06-09-2017, 01:55 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 10:57 AM by Niles Coyote.)
VASCAR2 Wrote:Are you using a Ballistic Advantage Bolt and Carrier, I've never seen a carrier marked like yours.
Yes I am, they offered it as a add on and I was in need of another carrier anyway and the price was right, 150, IIRC.
Kilco Wrote:Really looking foward to how it groups. Also curious of your velocities with 8208 and CFE.
As am I
Posts: 482
Threads: 40
Joined: May 2015
Niles Coyote Wrote:Fresh out of the shipping box
![[Image: 20170608_134328-1.jpg]](http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/jpedzinski/20170608_134328-1.jpg)
Out from the wrapper.
![[Image: 20170608_135253-1.jpg]](http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/jpedzinski/20170608_135253-1.jpg)
After mounting into my Mega upper I grabbed some rounds I had loaded for my other Grendels just to check velocity.
H4895 28 grains in Lapua brass with a Laupa 123 scenar
2365, 2373, 2362, 2369 = 2367 SD-1 ES-11
Ar-Comp 26.8 grains with same brass and bullet.
2348, 2352, 2357, 2344 = 2350 SD-5 ES-13
I'll be back with more data next week.
Very cool, I am curious as to why you started so low with the AR Comp? Better safe than sorry I guess but I usually start at 27.0. You should find much better velocity with it than the H4895
Posts: 46
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
Today at the range I had a visitor fly over a couple times.
Now don't take this as a gauge of this barrels true accuracy potential as this ammo was developed for my JP barrel... I have a lot of ammo loaded with these two charges and I need to make some brass before I start into tuning a load or two for this new Ballistic Advantage barrel.
With that said... 100 yard ten shot groups
The rest of these are the H4895 load
3 shots at 300y
5 shots at 500y, would have been a great group but for the high impact...
Posts: 46
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
5 shots at 700 yards
Posts: 46
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
Trying out 123 ELD's and AR-Comp