Posts: 138
Threads: 20
Joined: Nov 2015
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7167[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7168[/ATTACH] wanted to go with something a little different. The classic M16 is my favorite gun of all time so I decided to build one and what better caliber than 6.5 Grendel? The fellas that I work with at Liberty Suppressors helped me put this bad boy together. This was also a budget build and I have only around $700 in it. Anderson lower and Anderson parts kit, DPMS upper receiver and handguard, spinta precision 264 lbc barrel and vortex crossfire scope
Posts: 497
Threads: 41
Joined: Aug 2013
Damn cool!
I like it!
SG4247
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Did someone say, "Classic M16?"
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 97
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2014
very nice build . looks just like the one i used in basic training .
Posts: 138
Threads: 20
Joined: Nov 2015
I like that! I thought about going with the A1 hand guards but no one makes them new anymore (at least from my search) and the old ones are either wore out or very expensive
Posts: 990
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2012
You could hire a beaver to chew you out some furniture like LRRPF52's in the picture! LOOOL
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
KentuckyBuddha Wrote:You could hire a beaver to chew you out some furniture like LRRPF52's in the picture! LOOOL
That's early phenolic resin/Bakelite of a Colt 601 found in Italy I believe.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 7
Threads: 0
Joined: Oct 2015
I have one of these, but with the black furniture. I LOVE yours! Wish I had that! I remember when I was a kid and Mattel made a toy just like this. I made my mom buy me one after seeing the "mysterious black rifle" our troops were carrying in Viet Nam. Way more "space age" than the ugly ass thing the others were using. Lol! Things have changed and so have our ideals and takes on reality! I'm still a fan of our home grown black rifles though. Never really liked the AK. But then again, I was never sitting beneath a tree trying to unjam one of these while getting shot at by a bunch of AKs like my cousin was! He sent home for his 870...
Posts: 497
Threads: 41
Joined: Aug 2013
LRRPF52,
That is one nice rifle! Love the wear on the metal. The patina makes it look like a museum piece.
Have several original 1965 & 1966 SP1s and that 601 furniture looks awesome!
Like to have some for my SP1s.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
04-20-2016, 05:10 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016, 05:13 PM by LRRPF52.)
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com