Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New member/first build
#1
Being one of the "unwashed" I thought I'd join in on the forum. I kind of lurked around on the old site, but want to be more active in discussion now. Looking forward to benefitting from the community. Here's a picture of my first 6.5 Grendel Rifle. Here are the components-

Del-Ton Lower Receiver
DPMS Lower Receiver Parts Kit AR-15
Stark SE-1 Pistol Grip
DPMS Buffer Spring AR-15 Rifle
Olympic Buffer AR-15 Rifle
DPMS Buttstock Extension Buffer Tube AR-15 A1/A2 Stock
MagPul Industries Precision Rifle Buttstock AR-15 Synthetic Flat Dark Earth
Rainier Arms UltraMatch Billet Upper
Sabre Defence 6.5 Grendel SS Barrel - 24
PRI Gas Buster with Big Latch Ch..
Olympic Gas Tube Rifle AR-15
Daniel Defense Bolt Carrier Assembly
"PRI Low Profile Gas Block AR-15 Bull Barrel
LaRue Tactical AR15 13.2 Handguard
"LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 1.93"" Mount QD LT-135 "
Konus M30 8.5-32
Vltor Modpod
"Timney Trigger AR-15 Small Pin .154"" 3 lb Solid"
Ambi safety

The rifle shoots great, very accurate and no reliability problems, but it's HEAVY. It's purpose built and not really made to be lugged around. The next one I make will be more of a Rifle and less "crew served" long range tool, but I built this one for that specific purpose. Looking forward to interacting with the Grendel Community!
Reply
#2
Welcome back. Any pics of the groups? How do you like the Modpod?
Reply
#3
awesome. how long did it take for that del-ton lower receiver to get to you? ^^^^ yes groups!!!
Reply
#4
Welcome from Roslyn,wa...Good looken build. I some times head up to the umptanum (spelling?) to shoot LR steal,let me know if you would like to join us...
Reply
#5
The Modpod looked great on paper, but one of the legs is now non adjustable. I am going to see if I can get it replaced, but there are only 4 positions to choose from, including closed. The Harris Bipod I have is much more adjustable. Guess I'll have to drag the thing out and see how tight I can make it shoot.
Reply
#6
The Del Ton Lower was actually an ATI lower, and the retailer told me it was from what was now Del Ton. I bought it on a whim at a local retailer, saw it and thought, hmm, what's it like to build an AR. So waiting time was nil. I'll get some pics of groups soon.
Reply
#7
Yes, I'd love to. I'm crazy busy now but I'll let you know when I can go, or just send me a line and I'll go if I can.
Reply
#8
Nice build
Reply
#9
Thank you.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)