03-16-2015, 08:02 PM
I started this build nearly 3 years ago in my head. Finally got it all together!
![[Image: DSC_0087_zpshzebowae.jpg]](http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s606/Matt_Eggert/DSC_0087_zpshzebowae.jpg)
![[Image: DSC_0087_zpshzebowae.jpg]](http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s606/Matt_Eggert/DSC_0087_zpshzebowae.jpg)
|
My Green Monster
|
|
03-16-2015, 08:02 PM
I started this build nearly 3 years ago in my head. Finally got it all together!
![]()
03-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Nicely done.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
03-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Awesome, you pull the trigger yet? Look forward to a range report.
03-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Diggin' that!
What brand pistol grip is that?
03-16-2015, 09:22 PM
I like It! Now for a range report.
03-16-2015, 10:20 PM
I really like it. Similar color scheme to what it did. I went with OD Green, and my barrel is green and my HG is black.
Do you like the raptor CH? I may ask for one for father's day.
http://www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device
03-17-2015, 01:27 AM
I have not pulled the trigger yet. Ran out of time today. Hopefully it gets warm in a week or so and I can sneak away.
The Raptor seems to pull really nice, very comfortable. Here's the specs on it: Surplus Arms lower Spike LPK w/o trigger Velocity 3lb drop-in rigger Satern 20" barrel Extreme Tri-Duty brake Bushmaster upper 15" Slim KeyMod rail AXTS Raptor Charging handle Nickel Boron Carrier Ergo style, Panther Sniper Grip Ergo F93 Pro Stock American Defense QD 20 MOA scope mount Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP
03-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Very nice. Looking forward to your range report. I just test-fired a forum member's upper with a Satern barrel that needed a little throat reaming, and it shot like this with 123gr AA Scenars:
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here: www.AR15buildbox.com
04-07-2015, 02:51 AM
If anyone showed me that color in the can , I would have laughed and said 'whatever...have at it' . . . . but it actually looks really good on your rifle.
Nice work
MOLON LABE~PERCUSSA RESURGO
America was founded by tough Hell-Raisers that evaded taxes, grew tobacco, smuggled weapons, brewed spirits, and stood against tyranny......And it will take this type of citizen to save her.
04-07-2015, 04:25 AM
Nice!
Any updates?
04-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Ultramag Brion Wrote:If anyone showed me that color in the can , I would have laughed and said 'whatever...have at it' . . . . but it actually looks really good on your rifle. Same here.LOL I saw the pic and I was thinking "whut?", but after a couple of seconds I started liking it. It looks even better the more that I look at it.
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
04-23-2015, 03:41 AM
That color looks b.a. I just wish one could buy all the different components in the same colors, other than fde and od, so those of us who are unable to ceracote can color coordinate to our liking.
05-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Yeah I hemmed and hawwed over the color for a while because the swatch on the cerakote website looks horrible, but I'd seen a small peice done in it in real life and fell in love. I got lucky and found a local guy that did all the green, the barrel and brake, and only charged me $130
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|