Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post your Camo job Grendels!
#81
NugginFutz Wrote:I believe you are admiring jfornelli's handiwork, not butterbean's. Credit where credit is due, and all that.

Nice looking rig, jfornelli. A tad green for my use, around here, but then again we celebrate a .1" rain, whenever those happen.

Yeah, I could have gone for a bit less green and a bit more FDE. I would have also like a little more contrast but I'm not at all unhappy with it.
Reply
#82
[quote=NugginFutz]I believe you are admiring jfornelli's handiwork, not butterbean's. Credit where credit is due, and all that.


Yup.
Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF
Reply
#83
Hahaha... Yes I was! Sorry nice workshop jfornelli!
Reply
#84
Here's my Grendel. Had it for about 5 years but recently gave it a make over. Cut it down from 18" to 16.5" and threaded for 5/8-24tpi, then swapped out all of the furniture and spray painted it.

[Image: IMG_20140617_133601_524_zps03112c1c.jpg]
Reply
#85
mtn_shooter Wrote:Here's my Grendel. Had it for about 5 years but recently gave it a make over. Cut it down from 18" to 16.5" and threaded for 5/8-24tpi, then swapped out all of the furniture and spray painted it.

[Image: IMG_20140617_133601_524_zps03112c1c.jpg]


Killer
Reply
#86
Thanks, here's a couple more set up for vampire hunting Wink Outside lighting+Nikon > Indoor+cellphone.

[Image: DSC_0059_zps74d88b8e.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0061_zpsf8fa8248.jpg]
Reply
#87
update on mine...

[Image: IMAG0060_zps8ae1eca1.jpg]
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#88
txgunner00,
How do you like the streamlight TLR-1. Is that the game spotter or HP. Been wanting to get one, but have not read many reviews on how far you can actually see at night.
Reply
#89
I like that ALOT, X2 on the Streamlight TLR1. Looking at one the other day. BANG BANG!!
Reply
#90
RAM2940 Wrote:txgunner00,
How do you like the streamlight TLR-1. Is that the game spotter or HP. Been wanting to get one, but have not read many reviews on how far you can actually see at night.

Slappy Wrote:I like that ALOT, X2 on the Streamlight TLR1. Looking at one the other day. BANG BANG!!

Not to highjack, but check out the Streamlight TLR-1 HL. Small enough to fit well on a handgun (my Glock 19)and bright enough (600+ lumens) to work on a carbine. I love mine. I haven't actually shot my AR with it at night (no night shooting on my range), but it appears to illuminate well enough at 100 yards to make hits.
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#91
The one in the picture is a TLR-1 HP. I also have an older 200 lumen TLR-1 (they are now 300 lumen) and a 600 lumen TLR-1 HL. In my opinion, for varmint hunting the HP is the best option. The HL puts out far more light but it doesn't throw it as far as the HP. I can light targets enough to identify them out to 350-400 yards with the 4x Leupold that's in the picture. The HL has a very wide illumination area which is good for clearing rooms, but not so good when you are trying to see at a distance through vegetation. The HP's hot spot angle is very narrow and you get far less light bouncing back at you.

I wish they would make the HP with the reflector of the HL. They currently aren't compatible. I've tried.
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#92
Do you feel that the HP is better for hunting, even though it is white light. I wasn't sure if the game spotter/green led would light up a varmit as good at 200 yards or so.
Reply
#93
RAM2940 Wrote:Do you feel that the HP is better for hunting, even though it is white light. I wasn't sure if the game spotter/green led would light up a varmit as good at 200 yards or so.

I looked at it pretty closely and played with one in a LGS but I have not used one in the field. I went with the white for a couple reasons. The green is only 150 lumen, I can always put a green or red filter on the white light (stage light gels work well) and most of the time I scan with a red q-beam and only switch on the white light just before the shot.

I would like to try the game spotter but I almost have too many lights already.Smile
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#94
I use a 9 volt varmint light 3" reflector with a mercury switch and red filter, mounted 45 deg. alongside the scope. I can scan with the scope, then just rotate vertical, the light comes on, shoot quickly! Even with the red filter fox and coyote stop dead in their tracks for a milisecond then bolt. I can usually call them in to about 25 yards.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)