Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Liberty barrel range report
#1
I'm going to keep this as short and sweet as is possible. Groups at 100 yards were MOA....barely, but keep in mind...spankin' new barrel. And I wasn't shooting from a bench either. Results on 500 meter 12in gong? Hit every time I kept to my fundamentals. I only put a total of 40 rounds through it. Hornady A-Max 123 gr factory ammo. I'm hoping that as the barrel gets broken in that it will improve. But overall I am happy with the outcome. Here the specs of the rifle I used.

Liberty Barrel 18in.
Vltor lo-pro gas block
AA upper
S&W Bolt carrier
Bushnell 4200 HD Rainguard 5-15x40
Midwest Industries 15in SS Handguard (great handguard by the way)


Lower was built from scratch. Anyways there's the parts that people generally wonder about. Conditions were nearly ideal, almost no humidity and no wind. Prone supported with a bean sock holding up the rear of the rifle. I probably could've shot it a bit tighter but I just wanted to make sure everything was working on the rifle and rushed it. But anyways there it is. Grab one of these barrels while you still can. It seems to be a pretty decent set-up. Sorry no pics taken today.
Reply
#2
moa and not on a bench sounds pretty good to me. I think it will be better from the bench. But overall sounds very promising man. Keep us posted.
Reply
#3
Sounds pretty good. I'm getting one for a hog/deer gun. If I get that, I'll be satified. Better is just gravy.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)