Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel VS Texas Hogs: PART II
#1
Here's an update on the Grendel's success in Mitchell County, Texas. In two weekends my father and I racked up 9 free range hogs, all taken with 6.5's. One rifle is a Stiller receiver with 18" double fluted Satern barrel. The "truck gun" is an LMT lower on VLTOR upper with an 18" AA backfluted barrel. We're loving these 6.5's! Ammo used is a combination of AA 120gr. Barnes (mostly) and AA Nosler. Here's a few swine...

[Image: DSC09838_zpsd60d3331.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0574_zpsc4b2054b.jpg]

[Image: DSC09812_zpsbbc1d2e3.jpg]
Reply
#2
[Image: DSC09829_zps0ed5618f.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0579_zps461c4f63.jpg]

[Image: 1f6084b9-322f-4c3c-b49b-2d3c8a8a915b_zps60402528.jpg]
Reply
#3
forgot to mention, the majority of hogs shot are dead on the spot. For a cartridge that's not lightning fast, and doesn't push a ginormous bullet, the Grendel always seems to get the job done. With it's low recoil, successful running shots on groups has become customary.
Reply
#4
Very nice. Sounds like you had a great time with your dad.
Reply
#5
Great post and pics. I like your selection in components as well. Thanks for sharing, and great to see you having such a good time with your pops.
Reply
#6
Good lookin' rifles and great kills!
Reply
#7
That place looks just like a place I hunted on just outside of Tennyson.

I'm jealous. I haven't had a chance at a hog in a while. Sad
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#8
OUTSTANDING!! I will be putting my grendel to work on hogs the end of next month down in Texas. Only have AMAx ammo right not but not worried about its ability to kill.

A320PYLT
Reply
#9
Nice rifles, hogs, and time Well spent with Dad.
Reply
#10
sneaky one Wrote:Nice rifles, hogs, and time Well spent with Dad.

Ditto what Sneaky said. Good stuff.Smile
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
Reply
#11
Nice Pork!!!

Cherish those hunts with your dad and kids (if applicable)....
Reply
#12
The Grendel keeps on schwackin. This one was from approx. 75 yards at a 45 degree down angle. 120gr. Barnes.

[Image: 941eba1e-1bcc-47d9-a178-4a4fa2788b02_zpsdb74a4e4.jpg]
Reply
#13
You suck!:p

Looks like you need some help. I'll volunteer my services!
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#14
All hogs must die...nice pig.
Reply
#15
usmc1371 Wrote:All hogs must die...nice pig.



Don't kill them all.....I need something to shoot at :-)
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)