02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Since I don't have my upper yet, I can't compare a standard pin to a 6.5 grendel pin. Can I drop a standard ar15/m16 titanium firing pin into the grendel bolt?
|
Titanium Firing Pin?
|
|
02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Since I don't have my upper yet, I can't compare a standard pin to a 6.5 grendel pin. Can I drop a standard ar15/m16 titanium firing pin into the grendel bolt?
02-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes
02-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Or you can make one out of a duplex nail
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vNGnq9A-cFE But to answer your question, all AR15 firing pins are the same, regardless of caliber.
02-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Excellent. Thanks guys.
02-04-2013, 04:08 AM
A Titanium firing pin is more likely to gall on the tip, which can cause issues with your primers and non-pressure induced piercings.
The concept behind them is to reduce time on the hammer from when it hits the firing pin, until the primer activates. I think most guys in NRA Hi-power matches use standard firing pins. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|