Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
16" and 20" projects
#1
I am in the middle of two projects, one with a 16" barrel primarily for a beater/CQB/shtf rifle and the other a 20" which will be built for breaking my long range cherry.

Both were started about 2 months ago, before all the madness happened. What a great time to have incomplete AR projects! Rolleyes

Fortunately, I have the uppers and lowers already as well as a couple "spares".

Here's where I'm at thus far:

16" range slut:
Aero Precision mid-length C.O.P (monolithic upper)
Old Olympic Arms lower that I have had for a while
Oly Arms factory trigger job (not sure on the pull but its fairly light and breaks nicely)
Oldschool Magpul M93B stock
Magpul MIAD grip
AA 16" barrel w/ bolt (on order for unknown period of time)
AAC 51T Blackout flash hider (an AAC 762-SDN-6 will be paired with this on occasion)

Prior to placing the order I asked what the wait time was. I received a prompt response saying 10 business days if order was placed soon. I placed the order the same day and 2 days later I received an email saying this:

"Hello,

I am following up with you on your order to discuss the items you have selected. Production lead times are expected to be extended for the 6.5 Grendel barrel that you ordered. These lead times are difficult to determine because we are early in production of the new models and, coupled with uncertain delivery numbers and unknown approved numbers, we are not yet providing estimated delivery dates. You are welcome to check back with us in the near future for updated information about 6.5 Grendel barrel production. We will be happy to provide you with the latest details at that time."


Awesome! :mad:

20" razor:
Mega Billet Upper
Mega Billet Ambi Lower
Magpul PRS w/ accu-shot monopod
Harris Bipod
LaRue 13.2" rail
Satern 20" barrel and bolt (on order, ETA Summer 2013)
Geissele SSA-E Trigger

Ill update this list as I am able to acquire more parts, dont hold your breath until the panic buying shit subsides.

I'll also get some pics posted up as time allows
Reply
#2
Good luck on your builds but with all the madness you will probably face a few delays. Be patient It will pay off.
Reply
#3
When did you place your aa order?
Reply
#4
About 2 weeks ago. In all honesty, I expected to wait.

What frustrates me is that I asked what the approx wait time was BEFORE I placed the order and was told 10 business days. As stated above I then received an email shortly AFTER placing the order stating the wait time has been extended to an unknown period of time.
Reply
#5
Sounds like the typical get your business and all excited then tell the truth. Did you have to make a deposit or do they just bill you when it's going to ship?
Reply
#6
Yeah, it sure seems that way. I am hoping that something unforeseen occurred over the course of the following day or two after placing the order and I wasnt intentionally mislead. Or perhaps that was a standard email that is sent out given the circumstances and I really will see the order filled soon? No one has responded to my reply seeking clarification that was sent early last week.

The charge has not cleared, their billing system places a hold on your account for the funds similar to a hotel. I am not sure if the hold will drop off after a period of time or not.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)