Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Updated my Grendel
#1
[attachment=2144]

Finally got around to changing the handguard and optics on my Grendel and thought I would share. It started life as a DPMS 24" 223 and I replaced the upper with a Precision Firearms Grendel upper with the 24" Les Baer barrel. Swapped the handguard to a JP Enterprise extended rifle and put a Nightforce BR 12-42x on it. Gun weighs right at 13.2lbs and is a pork killing machine with 120gr. Barnes TSX.

On a side note it is sitting on my new reloading bench that I finished yesterday. Havent mounted anything to the table yet but its nice to finally have one place to keep all my reloading gear instead of having it scattered all over the house.
Reply
#2
The Rife and the Bench are both looking good. Nice job on each.
Reply
#3
Very nice rig. I'm jealous of that optic. Very cool.
How do you like the JP handguard?
I'm thinking about that route as well, especially since they offer an extended rifle length.
You going to bi-pod it?
Reply
#4
Love the JP handguard. Was a little skeptical of the system when i installed it as it calls for red loctite which I dont usually like but it is solid and easy to install. I have the sling swivels installed and use the bipod for varmint hunting but just prefer the rest off the bench because of the fine adjustments.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)