Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel Identification
#1
How does AA mark their barrels?
Yesterday, I came acrossed an AA upper(stamped Alex-A) with a 19.5 heavy barrel attatched. The only marking I saw on the barrel was "6.5 Grendel". Was this one of their earlier barrels? The barrel threading seened strange, looked like 3/4- 16 but I didn't have my glasses. Just curious
Reply
#2
DW61 Wrote:How does AA mark their barrels?
Yesterday, I came acrossed an AA upper(stamped Alex-A) with a 19.5 heavy barrel attatched. The only marking I saw on the barrel was "6.5 Grendel". Was this one of their earlier barrels? The barrel threading seened strange, looked like 3/4- 16 but I didn't have my glasses. Just curious
thinking it was an old AA barrel. according to their website, some of the early barrels were threaded 3/4-16. they still sell an elongated flash hider to fit those barrels or at least they did a month or so ago.
Reply
#3
Thanks ricsmall
Reply
#4
AA made (still makes?) a 3/4"x28tpi thread on their heavier barrels...
Reply
#5
Thanks Variable. Unfortunately AA says they won't work. I'm getting one made, so it's good.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)