Posts: 245
Threads: 54
Joined: Oct 2011
I was wondering what if any difference replacing the carrier with the heavier m16 carrier vs installing an h3 buffer?
Just sitting up late my wife at the hospital and got wondering about this.
Are you having symptoms of early unlocking?
Posts: 245
Threads: 54
Joined: Oct 2011
No, but I need another bcg for a 223 build so I am going to order the m16 carrier for the Grendel.
The m-16 carrier being heavier should give you a little better dwell time. It shouldnt hurt you at all.
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
No. Mass is mass. Not much difference in the location of it in this case other than the difference in weight between a carbine and H3 buffer is greater than the difference between an ar15 and M-16 carrier.
Posts: 245
Threads: 54
Joined: Oct 2011
txgunner00 Wrote:No. Mass is mass. Not much difference in the location of it in this case other than the difference in weight between a carbine and H3 buffer is greater than the difference between an ar15 and M-16 carrier.
Correct. I will be sharing a lower for a bit so I don't want to go to the H3 yet, I may not even need to but just thinking ahead.
I think the H3 is a good idea. I think I could go heavier still, like one of Slash's heavy steel buffers.
And no, mass is not mass. Mass reciprocates differently in a buffer. Consider that buffers act as dead blow hammers, and reduce carrier bounce. I would choose the Buffer over the carrier.