I got a 1500 mini for my daughter last year and it was just too long with a suppressor installed. Broke it down, cut to 16.5", rethreaded and reinstalled. It was a fairly simple project. I had to really get after it to break the barrel loose from the receiver. They had it torqued pretty well.
Pretty sweet little shooter. No recoil and very quiet with the can (DeadAir Nomad Ti). Nice and balanced. You don't even notice it's installed. It got the job done this weekend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19276[/ATTACH]
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA
"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
My 16 1/4" Howa Mini with IMR 8208 XBR and a 123 SST is doing 2427 fps. I think that's about optimum MV for the 123 SST, and I'm very impressed with the killing ability of that combo.