Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Who has info on Alliant power pro 2000-mr and Speer 120gr Glod Dots?
#1
There are many threads with Alliant power pro 2000-mr and Speer 120gr gold dots.

I couldn't find what I was looking for. Is the book velocity for a max charge correct or at least close? How is accuracy? Ball park for a 12" barrel? 2300 fps?

Thanks.
Reply
#2
Happy2Shoot Wrote:There are many threads with Alliant power pro 2000-mr and Speer 120gr gold dots.

I couldn't find what I was looking for. Is the book velocity for a max charge correct or at least close? How is accuracy? Ball park for a 12" barrel? 2300 fps?

Thanks.

I never got anywhere near the book speed with it. And that was from 18 and 20 inch barrel bolt guns! To be fair, I used different brass and primer than the book also! Got much better performance with Lever, which oddly enough is right next to it on the Hodgdon burn rate chart.

I’d be inclined to try and find something a lot faster burning with a 12” barrel. Say 8208, AR Comp, TAC, even A2520, etc……
Reply
#3
Thank you Harpoon.

I have no special feelings for pp2kmr. It is simply the fastest powder Speer lists for their GD bullet. They give their GD's very special loading data in all their calibers so I feel like it must be different enough than other bullet types.

It is nice to hear other people's experiences before I try something.

How did the cases look?
Reply
#4
UPDATE

I loaded up 31.4gr of PP2kMR.

Really disappointed; book said 2620 fps from a 24" barrel and I got 2289 fps from an 18" barrel. I didn't think I would lose 331 fps going from 24" to 18".

Also...

100gr Nosler HPBT 30.0gr TAC 2550 fps 18" barrel vs 2742 fps 24" barrel book. delta 192 fps

90gr Speer TNT 33.2gr PP Varmint 2750 fps 18" barrel vs 3010 fps 24" barrel book. delta 260 fps

123gr SST 31.2gr CFE223 2460 fps 18" barrel vs 2500 fps 18" barrel book. Note same barrel length. delta 40 fps
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)