Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2019
I had returned to my truck after a morning deer hunt when this doe decided it was safe to cross the main field on the farm at 2:00.
6.5 Grendel using a 129 grain Hornady SP at 2318 fps. 225 yards.
Posts: 1,106
Threads: 8
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 279
Threads: 14
Joined: Dec 2019
Congratulations and good shootÂ’n!
peak98
Posts: 750
Threads: 35
Joined: Dec 2019
enjoy the venison!!
-tdbru
Posts: 781
Threads: 29
Joined: Feb 2018
I have had that happen before. It usually happens when you have the wrong "gun" in hand that you hurried out to the truck to relieve the pressure. Catch my drift?
Posts: 1,787
Threads: 49
Joined: Feb 2016
It will eat. Congrats. I wish we were aloud to kill doe. I see so many of them.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Congrats on a nice harvest.
That old 129gr SP from Hornady works very well at moderate velocity.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com