Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2019
08-14-2020, 01:54 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 03:56 PM by jambuster.)
Well I am about to load my first Grendels. Going with TAC , Speer 120 gr Gold Dots , Rem 71/2's , Hornady brass. Anybody tried this powder/bullet combination. How did it do and do you still load it?
Just an FYI this gun is set up with a digital night vision scope and I only use it to hunt pigs . They do a lot of damage to my son-in-laws farm in south Mississippi and make great sport for us. Up till I got this gun I did not have night capability.
The jambuster
Posts: 57
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2020
Bah wish i could get my hands on 120 Gold Dots. The only seller in sweden is out of stock.
are they short in supply in the states to?
Posts: 36
Threads: 13
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 155
Threads: 9
Joined: Aug 2018
Shoots well out of my PSA barrel.
MS
Posts: 53
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2014
08-15-2020, 07:08 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 07:30 AM by JDub.)
If you really want 120gr. Gold Dots, buy them from the Speer website. I got 7 boxes last week...if you're over $99, shipping is free.
ETA: They only have the 140gr. GDs in stock now.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
jmkhenka Wrote:Bah wish i could get my hands on 120 Gold Dots. The only seller in sweden is out of stock.
are they short in supply in the states to?
No. Not as long as you order direct from speer.
Posts: 781
Threads: 29
Joined: Feb 2018
The 120 Gold Dot did an awesome job on the one deer I shot with them out of my Grendel. Right now EVERYTHING related to reloading and just getting plain old ammo is very hard to come by. It is hit or miss at best. People are scared, and rightly so, of what is going on in the USA and elsewhere. We may be in a civil war depending on what happens in the next presidential election.