Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hornaday American Gunner vs. Frontier
#41
sundowner Wrote:They do MidSouth has them in 250 bullet bags .

You rock! Thank you. It's so weird that they aren't even on Hornady's website....but now they are on the way from MSS.
Reply
#42
gwtx Wrote:Quote: " It's a shame they don't sell a 123 gr BTHP bullet for reloading (I think that was discussed in another thread"
I bought some(123gr BTHP) from MidSouth back in april. Don't know if they still have them. I've only shot a few that I loaded the same as I do the sst and eld-m, and they shoot very close to the same POI. All three of those run an average of 2525 to 2555 fps on a magnetospeed. I only shoot hogs and varmints, so I haven't tried to get tiny groups. They all shoot 1 inch or less, depending on my part. I haven't shot a hog with the BTHP's yet, so I don'know how they perform on "meat".

They do fine on hogs and deer. I think a little better on hogs since they have more heavy structures to upset the bullet. On deer they don't open as much but if you put it in the right place they will die. I shoot the AG ammo since I can get it in bulk about the cheapest I've found for depredation work.
Reply
#43
I know this is several days old. But I will add my experience with Hornady Black 123 ELD. It’s hot. I get flattened primers regularly. And that is in two different rifles. 1-20” BA DMR and 1-22” JP Supermatch. Both rifles are correctly head spaced. With my hand loads I get 4:00 ejection and when I shoot Black it ejects at 3:00. I did notice when the bolt slams home it is pulling the bullet to the lands cause they show rifle marks just like it kissed the lands. I don’t know but the stuff is hot. My 2 cents. Report and recoil are different as well. My reloads have no issues and give me great accuracy. Shot .630 on the JP last weekend
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)