Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How much is too much?
#1
I had another 16# of H4350 show up today and was wondering when you think you have too much reloading components? Is 250 pounds of powder and 50k primers too much?
Reply
#2
If the stress of having that much powder and primers is has you tied up in knots, I would be glad to relieve your stress by taking some of the primers. Not a bunch, just 5K would do me just fine, or 10K as long as they are small rifle. I am not trying to be greedy, just trying to help out a fellow Grendel aficionado. PM me if interested.
"A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.
Reply
#3
centerfire Wrote:I had another 16# of H4350 show up today and was wondering when you think you have too much reloading components? Is 250 pounds of powder and 50k primers too much?

It is too much to be posting on a public forum where anyone can see what you have, including various alphabet types and other "interested" entity's.
Reply
#4
Mad Charlie Wrote:It is too much to be posting on a public forum where anyone can see what you have, including various alphabet types and other "interested" entity's.

This. Seriously.
Reply
#5
Mad Charlie Wrote:It is too much to be posting on a public forum where anyone can see what you have, including various alphabet types and other "interested" entity's.

10/4 on that.
Reply
#6
Mad Charlie Wrote:It is too much to be posting on a public forum where anyone can see what you have, including various alphabet types and other "interested" entity's.

No, I'm within the local and federal laws.
Reply
#7
centerfire Wrote:No, I'm within the local and federal laws.

That hardly matters these days.~Riuma
Reply
#8
If you are afraid of posting legal property, then it is time to re-think ones life and get involved politically. If you live in fear, then you have already lost...Just saying......To your question, you can never have too much reloading supplies....
Reply
#9
[video=youtube_share;6fMg7YD-QX8]https://youtu.be/6fMg7YD-QX8[/video]
Reply
#10
centerfire Wrote:I had another 16# of H4350 show up today and was wondering when you think you have too much reloading components? Is 250 pounds of powder and 50k primers too much?

Around here, it's what we call "a good start".
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Reply
#11
That's probably a question you should ask your home insurer - not a bunch of gun nuts.
Let's go Brandon!
Reply
#12
centerfire Wrote:No, I'm within the local and federal laws.

I didn't mean to imply that you were illegal in any way at all, but why attract attention?
Reply
#13
montana Wrote:If you are afraid of posting legal property, then it is time to re-think ones life and get involved politically. If you live in fear, then you have already lost...Just saying......To your question, you can never have too much reloading supplies....

I don't live in "fear", and I am involved politically, but that doesn't mean that I have blind trust in our govt. or society in general.
Those who like to brag about how well prepared they are, have at it, but I will keep my personal business to myself. I consider what I own to be my personal business.
Reply
#14
Mad Charlie Wrote:I didn't mean to imply that you were illegal in any way at all, but why attract attention?

You think I'm attracting attention with the two questions I asked? Do you recommend we stop posting about firearms and reloading to avoid attracting attention?
Reply
#15
centerfire Wrote:No, I'm within the local and federal laws.

Federal regulations state no more than 50 pounds of powder and 10k primers shall be stored inside a residence. "10-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls of at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness". According to the ATF, if you intend to store or handle anything more than 50 pounds you need an explosive license.
Reply
#16
Mad Charlie Wrote:I don't live in "fear", and I am involved politically, but that doesn't mean that I have blind trust in our govt. or society in general.
Those who like to brag about how well prepared they are, have at it, but I will keep my personal business to myself. I consider what I own to be my personal business.

I wasn't pointing directly at you, it was meant as a blanket statement.. I understand it is prudent to be careful what a person post on line, especially so thieves won't get a heads up on what a person owns.. Your business is your business and I respect that.. That said, "I will not act like I have something nefarious to hide or expect anyone else" when it comes to legal firearm ownership, especially when it upsets or frightens the new snow flake, gender confused, leftist, window lickers.. If we are at a point where we have to be afraid to exercise our rights, then we have already lost them..That was my point...
Reply
#17
Ditto several times over. I jest sometimes, but in my heart I fear what is coming if "we the people" don't get off our backsides, grow a spine, and put an end to the nonsense that is gripping our Country right now. Burning, looting, destroying public and private property, what we need is some good old fashion vigilante justice. If they are immune to prosecution for breaking the law, why do we have to toe the line? We need another Randolph Scott or Charles Bronson or maybe Harry Callahan?

I have seen in other Countries where mob actions lead. I cannot say any more without getting sensored. God Bless the USA.
"A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.
Reply
#18
Nothing wrong with having supplies to your hobby. I would just ensure that you have proper storage of those items in a cool dry place and away from heat or flame, fire extinguisher near by for good measure.

Just today after finding out my sons shooting team practice was canceled I went to spend the nasty stormy morning reloading some much needed ammo. I went through 1.5lbs of powder loading 5.56, 1/2lb loading .50 Beowulf and have 120 pieces of 6.5 grendel waiting for me to do another round of ladder testing to load up. That will be almost another 1/2lb for them.

There does seem to be an issue with today's mentality. Destroying others property is being over looked and you have prosecutors stating that they will not hold them accountable of their actions.

Too many people got participation trophies and not enough ass beatings for their poor choices earlier in life and it certainly shows now later in life.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)