Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
12in Grendel at 200yds on steel
#1
Was at range yesterday with friend and decided to see how my 12in Grendel would do on steel at 200yds.

This is my hog hunting setup, with a Sightmark Wraith as my optic. It is zeroed for 50yds with a Nosler 120BT doing 2230fps.

I know this gun shoots good, but never thought it shot as good as it did yesterday, never tried before. It is a 12in group buy Monster barrel, all put together by me.

The 4 shots were 2 of my match load(123ELD-M over IMR8208), followed by 2 Hornady 123SST's factory loads.

My buddy whom I was with gets more excited than I do.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SxLCpY...1jn80N7Meg

Video was not shot with the Wraith, this was shot with an Iphone 10 connected to a spotting scope. The small impacts on the steel are from my friend's 5in AR shooting subsonics at the steel.

This is first time uploading a vid.

SY
Reply
#2
Outstanding! Give us some pics of the rifle and spec it out please.
peak98
Reply
#3
ThatÂ’s some good shooting
Reply
#4
Thx guys.

Peak, Build specs are:

12in Monster Barrel(by Green Mountain) Group buy barrel thru BFT
Upper -Blem Ballistic Advantage complete
Lower -Spikes Tactical with PSA EPT internals(lower build kit)
BCG-Odin Works Black Nitrided
Handguard -Matrix 9in Keymod
Grip-Magpul MIAD
Brace -Kak Shockwave
Scope -Sightmark Wraith 4-32x digital scope with night vision
IR - Evolva T20 IR illuminator
Standard A2 Flashider
Pic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16086[/ATTACH]

I use a Tacstar brass catcher when I am out after hogs.

SY


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#5
You should put a 1-6 powered scope on it and sneak it in at 600 yards when everybody else is shooting the big boys.

Trust me the look on their faces will be priceless.

It was when I tagged the 12 inch plate at 600 with my 12.5 and again with my 12 inch home Build with my sixfivearms barrel.
Reply
#6
Great setup n nice shooting my man!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)