Ruger American 6mm Grendel
#1
Since I got rid of my howa, I?m wanting a bolt Grendel and the ruger is the most cost effective option. I?ve had one before and loved it. But since it?ll just be a plinking gun or a lighter smaller option for me to take to matches that only run 500 yards, I?m thinking.... 6 Grendel would be badass. I could still use the ar mags... use grendel bushing dies with a different bushing to size my brass down to 6mm and rebarrel... basically 0 recoil and a flatter, faster round than the 6.5.

Is there anything I?m missing? Almost sounds too easy and too good to be true but I might pick one up to try.
Reply
#2
Ah to my knowledge Ruger does not make a 6mm Grendel
Reply
#3
I'd check these guys out and see who could chamber it for ya in the cartridge you want if they don't have the one you're looking for.

https://preferredbarrelblanks.com/produc...r-999x16p/
Reply
#4
I ordered a RAP today. My reasoning is so much along the same line of thought as the OP, that I had to double check to make sure I wasn't the the OP.

I plan to play with it for a bit, then rebarrel it in 6 Grendel.

I was thinking of waiting on a deal on a used one, but I may have had quite a wait finding a used Grendel.

I contemplated a used rifle in 223 and going 6tcu.

Now I am waiting on the Brown truck.
Reply
#5
RAPs are freakin accurate! They do not disappoint!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)